Bevel Drive Breather

(RIP) maverick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know Vern has been working on something similar but my cousin knocked me a few out after I showed him what I needed.

I have three more diff breathers if anyone is interested at £12 each inc p+p

Pm or email any interest.

Cheers
:gringo

Attachments

• dscn0005.jpg
    dscn0005.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 469
Yes please

I'd like one if any of the remaining sets aren't already spoken for. Will PM you,

Johnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Phil Reynolds said:
Dirk, what exactly are the benefits of these extended breathers?:confused:
Phil,
Well basically if your bevel drive gets warm and you happen to drive through deep enough water i.e. a ford or something to submerse the bevel drive the heat will create a vacuum when hitting the cold water and suck it through the top bevelbreather. Obviously if you don't intend to drive through deep water then no need to worry spending £££. If you do off roading and river crossings the tube at the top will be higher thus away from water and free to breath.
The second benefit would be the fact that if your gearbox seal starts leaking the beveldrive fills up with oil and blowing it out of the breather generally all over your back wheel. This is very scary as I have done a trip all the way from Princetown to London having to check the gearbox oil topping it up every 50-80 miles and draining the excess oil from the bevel box and then washing the oil from my back tyre. Oil + tyre -> you know the answer ;)

So you can either position the breather pipe away from the tyre or maybe stop for a coke and then piping the oil back into the empty container untill you get to a garage.

Extreme cases but been there and making sure it's easier if it ever happened again.

Cheers

You'll be hearing from my solicitor in due course:D :D :beerjug: :D

You know that the pipe your thingy fits over, is just a push fit that, I junked the whole lot when I done mine, oh yes, red pipe makes the bike go faster as well:rolleyes:

Vern said:
You'll be hearing from my solicitor in due course:D :D :beerjug: :D

You know that the pipe your thingy fits over, is just a push fit that, I junked the whole lot when I done mine, oh yes, red pipe makes the bike go faster as well:rolleyes:

Cool so if I don't hear of the solicitors then I can start working on mkII :D Red pipe - bugger why did I not think of that, wondered why mine was so slow after fitting the black tubing:confused:

Ok boyz & girls we will produce mk2 with red pipe - ermm that might be extra as it increases the value of your bike ;)

OK Mav -I´ll give it a go if you have a set left. Unless Verns lawyer gets serious in which case Ive never heard of you, whoever you are):p

You should get a set of fasteners from Vern by the way - youre a bit rusty boy!:D

Spanish Bob said:
OK Mav -I´ll give it a go if you have a set left. Unless Verns lawyer gets serious in which case Ive never heard of you, whoever you are):p

You should get a set of fasteners from Vern by the way - youre a bit rusty boy!:D

What set? what are you talking about, yes I am breathing and it will cost you £12 for that info please send pm for billing address;)

You crazy if you think the rust is going, how else is the bike going to stay together :confused: some people just don't understand the complex mechanicaly structure of my bikes :D

Any more interest will produce batch 2.

Thanks

maverick said:

You crazy if you think the rust is going, how else is the bike going to stay together :confused: some people just don't understand the complex mechanicaly structure of my bikes

Jeez Holistic motorcycling, you should write a book or something!

Think this guy off ADVrider could do with one.;)

Oh and a snorkel.:D

Attachments

• 4085606-m.jpg
    4085606-m.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 221

Back
Top Bottom