r1100gs fuel pump

bart2181

Reaction score
hiya,removed and replaced my fuel tank the weekend,question is theres two rubber fuel pipes running from the pump,does it matter if these are not connected to the right plastic pipes which i presume feed the injectors?thanks very much:thumb2

There are 2 thick hoses that go from the fuel pump to the fuel pressure regulator; make sure you connect them right! the upper hose goes to the upper pipe from the FPR and viceversa.

The other 2 slim hoses are for ventilation. Mine now rest where the tank meets/screws with the frame, on the right side of the bike, under the seat. There used to be other 2 hoses, coming from there to under the bike, but I removed them for esthetical reasons :D

There are 2 thick hoses that go from the fuel pump to the fuel pressure regulator; make sure you connect them right! the upper hose goes to the upper pipe from the FPR and viceversa.

The other 2 slim hoses are for ventilation. Mine now rest where the tank meets/screws with the frame, on the right side of the bike, under the seat. There used to be other 2 hoses, coming from there to under the bike, but I removed them for esthetical reasons :D

cheers matey but does anyone know the results of getting these 2 thick hoses mixed up and connected to the wrong fpr pipes will the bike still run?poor performance?

cheers matey but does anyone know the results of getting these 2 thick hoses mixed up and connected to the wrong fpr pipes will the bike still run?poor performance?

if you connect them wrong, I think your tank is going to explode.

just put them right... upper hose to upper FPR pipe and lower hose to lower FPR pipe; 2 hoses 2 pipe's, it's not that hard...

the bike won't run at all; just in case, keep the tank fill open while trying to start it :D

:thumb,cheers mate all must be good then.ive covered 80 since replacing the tank,by the sound of it i think i,d have known by now if i,d got them wrong way round.

Back
Top Bottom