Trails in the sussex surrey area

SERVDAVE

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my 650gs twin for two weeks bout time i got her muddy! Anyone know of some good trails in the sussex surrey area. Nice and easy stuff would be good to begin with as I have road going tyres at the moment!

Cheers :beerjug:

Hardly any legal trials in East Sussex left now and not one single trail in West Sussex that you can ride. Due in part to the Rambliars Arse-ociation getting their own greedy and lying way.

However, there are loads in Surrey and Hampshire. Start by looking at the ordinance survey maps from East of Guildford and out towards Dorking, especially around Shere. But most of the trails you get to will need knobbly tyres, unless you like falling off lots.

If you don't want to feck around with tyres/wheels, then head over to Wiltshire. LOADS of well drained gravel tracks around Salisbury Plain that are fine on road tyres.

Cool, that sounds like a plan. Be good to get to grips with the new bike before I shell out for some new tyres! Recommend any good ones? Cheers!

BOATs East Sussex

Hi,
Had my 650gs twin for two weeks bout time i got her muddy! Anyone know of some good trails in the sussex surrey area. Nice and easy stuff would be good to begin with as I have road going tyres at the moment!

Get out your OS map and locate the BOATs (Byways open to all traffic)
Some easy lanes:
Old Coach road: Firle - Alfriston
Robin Post lane. South west of Hailsham.
Laughton\Whitesmith area: beware deep potholes
Pevensey levels - usually very soft and muddy

It's always sensible to ride with a friend and wear suitable gear - especially off-road boots and goggles\visor. Expect to meet horse riders on these lanes. Best to cut the engine and give them priority or give them a chance to move aside before you pass.

Thats fantastic! Cheers! I plan to ride with a friend whos on a kawi 600! waiting for my GIVI engine bars to arrive bfore I get too adventurous!

Comparatively little compared to what was rideable pre NERC tho.
If you'd started your site 7 years ago you might have just got them all catalogued before they were all lost. :(

Indeed it is a depressing state of affairs. It just amuses/annoys me when people say there's "nothing" in East Sussex.

When I've got a lovely full days route worked out that put you to bed before 10pm after needing a warm bath.

There are some cracking trails still :) :thumb

Back
Top Bottom