adv tank

rockchunk

Reaction score
hi all just bought the larger adv tank for my gs 1150 what i would like to know is will my internals pump sender etc fit and work in this tank i dont expect the fuel gauge will work properly but not to bothered about this as long as the pump will work and pick up the petrol from the bottom of the larger tank ,,,

cheers gord

I posted this a few months ago. + 1 They work fine

I did a Tank conversion early on this year. standard GS 22 ltr to GSA 31 ltr
My GS has the high 6th gear and shows E on the RID when in 6th gear.
From empty the GSA Tank took a little over 31 lts to fill.
The bike was then taken out with 5 ltr container of fuel in the top box, and used over 2 days until it run out of fuel.
This was completed with a bit of motorway / A roads and B roads.
Total mileage until it run out was 338 miles :)
The fuel warning Light came on 80 miles prior to this but thats because I've used the standard GS tank internals.

I did a Tank conversion early on this year. standard GS 22 ltr to GSA 31 ltr
My GS has the high 6th gear and shows E on the RID when in 6th gear.
From empty the GSA Tank took a little over 31 lts to fill.
The bike was then taken out with 5 ltr container of fuel in the top box, and used over 2 days until it run out of fuel.
This was completed with a bit of motorway / A roads and B roads.
Total mileage until it run out was 338 miles :)
The fuel warning Light came on 80 miles prior to this but thats because I've used the standard GS tank internals.

thanks for tat dave :thumb2 but does this mean the fuel gauge works as normal and its only the low fuel light that's a bit out of synch

No. The fuel guage will tell you when the tank is "half full" as in depth. So when it reads half the tank is half way filled from top to bottom.

Becuase the adv tank has larger lobes the second half will last a lot longer than the first half with the GS fuel guage.

thanks for tat dave :thumb2 but does this mean the fuel gauge works as normal and its only the low fuel light that's a bit out of synch

What seems to happen is from full tank the RID shows full for approx 100 mile
then it works its way down quite normally.
Then when the fuel warning light comes on you get 80ish miles before you run out.
When I had the standard tank on and the fuel warning light came on I had 40ish miles before running out.
That's about it

Back
Top Bottom