ABS Reset problem

Clem

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After replacing the paralever bearings on the bike (2001 1150 non-servo ABS Adv) I'm struggling with an ABS issue.

ABS refused to self test once the bike was re-assembled and a check with an LED showed 4 blinks - rear wheel speed sensor problem.

I've now replaced the sensor, but cannot get the ABS to reset & I'm still getting 4 blinks - same error.

Questions:
- I am still getting 4 blinks because the fault still exists, or because the ABS hasn't reset as yet?
- Will the ABS reset even if there is a fault in the circuit? (ie if there is an issue with speed sensor). Or is it refusing to reset because there is a fault still in the circuit?
- If I disconnect the battery overnight, will this clear the fault memory on the ABS unit?
- Some instructions say it should reset with an 8 sec hold of the button, some 1 min, any experience which is correct?

THanks in advance.

Theres an ABS reset procedure here somewhere that might solve your problem.

Stewart

I've googled this one to death, and read everything I can find on the subject but still can't get the damn thing to reset. (ABS button pushed with Pin 2 to ground for 8 sec, one minute, pin 2 to pin 4 for one minute etc)
Hence the question on whether an persistent fault would cause the unit to continually show an error.

I'm going to have another look at it today and probably leave the battery disconnected for 24 hours to see if the memory clears with the power off.

:clap:bounce1 Finally got the ABS unit to reset with the new rear sensor fitted.

Checked all the wiring and connectors through - no issues with the wiring so I can only presume that the sensor wiring itself had failed between the connector and the sensor itself.

Happy now!

:clap:bounce1 Finally got the ABS unit to reset with the new rear sensor fitted.

Checked all the wiring and connectors through - no issues with the wiring so I can only presume that the sensor wiring itself had failed between the connector and the sensor itself.

Happy now!

Had some good results with car ABS sensors by replacing the cable, if your a dab hand with the soldering iron and some new co-axial the vast majority of faults were in the cable, glad you sorted it.

Stewart

awesome thread , has saved me much time and money , abs lights now sorted just charged the battery ....................take an orange out 'the basket............

Back
Top Bottom