Fitting Hepco and Becker engine bars

Explorer

Reaction score
Anyone got an idiot's (thats me) guide to fitting these to an 1150?

It has to be worded for a non-mechanically minded person!

I saw a good guide on the internet somewhere but cannot relocate it now I need it.

engine bars

The attachment points are obvious once you remove the tank.
Try to have an empty fuel tank. Support the engine and gbox with a jack before removing bolts. Don't remove the mounting bolts on both sides at once. Torque the bolts to correct settings. Check throttle cables are seated afterwards.

David

It's a piece of cake.

I did it without any jack - just do it one side at a time. Dead easy.

If you find the rear-most bolts reluctant to go in (the ones above your footrests) just grab the frame where the pillion footpegs attach and take the weight a little - the bolts should go in fine.

One thing that caught me out, was that the 2 rear bots effectively screw into each other such that once you screw one side in, the other side will turn, so you need to hold one still with an allen bit while you screw in the other... at least that's what happened with mine.

The attachment points are obvious once you remove the tank.
Try to have an empty fuel tank. Support the engine and gbox with a jack before removing bolts. Don't remove the mounting bolts on both sides at once. Torque the bolts to correct settings. Check throttle cables are seated afterwards.

David

that's some bally good advice there !

DAMHIK :blast :rolleyes:

Other than that, removal is pretty easy ( if I can manage it anyone can). so fitting should be straightforward enough.......... :augie

Thanks to you all

Many thanks for all this advice. I have downloaded Simon's directions and will get togther with someone more technically minded to have a go.

May Santa bring you all what you want in return for your help!

just wanna check will the h&B crash bar fit the R1100gs with the big touratech tank??

just wanna check will the h&B crash bar fit the R1100gs with the big touratech tank??

I have H&B bars on my 1150 and a TT 41ltr tank. The tank sits very close to the bars on the near side. Over the winter I plan to have the bars re-powder coated and will dent the top of the bar so that there is more clearance.

Back
Top Bottom