HID and Pilot light on an 1150

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm an electrical numpty:confused::confused:, so I thought I'd ask the question on here before I waste money :tears. I have had good advice but I'm still confused.

Recently I've had my dipped beam converted to HID on my 1150GS (thanks Les:thumb2) and would now like to change my pilot light to give a white light from both lenses.:cool:

Nothing in my local Halfords and other motorist shops, but I have found these on e bay

LED side light bulb Xenon Ultra Bright 233 BA9S TW4 (Item No.120397576651)

Are these the correct ones, :nenauor if someone has bought some and still has the packet could you please post the exact specification/information on the packet?

Cheers

Mike

Yes. Though look for some with the LED "exposed". Those will probably put out light forward (torch style) and as the bulb points up will look rubbish!

matching pilot light

Hi Mike,

I'm looking for the same thing but haven't bought anything yet, i would be very interested to know how you get on with these if you do try this route

just for your reference i looked at the booklet that came with my bike and found that these:

Item number: 300361939572

matched the fairly low watt & voltage that the current pilot / parking light runs - will report back if its any good :nenau

Tully

you must be mad

£10.50 for a sidelight bulb, gotta be off yer trolley, for something you cant actually see when you are riding along....
Thats the same amount as about 4 pints of stellas finest, wheres the pub...

HID and Pilot light on an 1150

Try this might be what your after :)

£10.50 for a sidelight bulb, gotta be off yer trolley, for something you cant actually see when you are riding along....
Thats the same amount as about 4 pints of stellas finest, wheres the pub...

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob

Sorry Nomad biker, but you can keep your Stella.

£10.50 is slightly expensive but it is for 2 bulbs.

Try this might be what your after :)

:rob:rob:rob:rob

Thanks for that Dave. I've spoken to Les W and he recommends the 'flat top' with a 180 spread

Hi Mike,

I'm looking for the same thing but haven't bought anything yet, i would be very interested to know how you get on with these if you do try this route

just for your reference i looked at the booklet that came with my bike and found that these:

Item number: 300361939572

matched the fairly low watt & voltage that the current pilot / parking light runs - will report back if its any good :nenau

Tully

:rob:rob:rob:rob

Unfortunately, Item 300361939572 is for blue bulbs and I want white.

I think I'll take a punt on the ones in my original post.

If they are a good buy I may put one on here for £5.25 inc postage!

Thanks for all your help and replies.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Tully

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob

I can thoroughly recommend the bulbs I mentioned in my first post. Bright white light with no 'torch' effect.

Mike

If you find when you replace the bulb with the LED type that they do not work, you may need to swap around the connectors in the holder. Bulbs are not picky whether the tip is the feed or the ground, but the LED replacement lamps are. :augie

led replacement

just fitted mine, looks much better and i went for the £3 option from easy rider shop on ebay - total cost inc. postage was just over £4 :thumb2

Fitted the "LED side light bulb Xenon Ultra Bright 233 BA9S TW4 (Item No.120397576651)" to my 1150 and am very impressed. I did have to swop the connectors around but that was it.

Back
Top Bottom