Bolt size on 1150 GSA?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the size of the 4 rear bolts on the rack on an 1150GSA?

the ones behind the grab rail that drop down into recesses, and hold the tail piece/rear light in place.

I think they're M6 but would like confirmation before I order some ( picked up a TT rack extender without the bolts)

Ta Bryn :beerjug:

I can take one of mine out and measure it if you're stuck. From memory I had to order longer ones than that.

Let me know if it's needed. :thumb2

I can take one of mine out and measure it if you're stuck. From memory I had to order longer ones than that.

Let me know if it's needed. :thumb2

Thanks Taff, but I've ordered 4 x 50mm M6 so I'm banking on them being correct:)

That's what's so good about this place- plenty of help and answers within minutes :D

Thanks Taff, but I've ordered 4 x 50mm M6 so I'm banking on them being correct:)

M6 x 80 mm for the rack/light unit bolts.
80 mm sounds more like it from memory. It's a heavy rugby weekend, but if I remember, I'll nip out and measure one. They stuck in my mind because the first set (IIRC they were the set supplied by Touratech) weren't long enough and I ended up getting replacements from Stagonset.

80 mm sounds more like it from memory. It's a heavy rugby weekend, but if I remember, I'll nip out and measure one. They stuck in my mind because the first set (IIRC they were the set supplied by Touratech) weren't long enough and I ended up getting replacements from Stagonset.

The two front ones (nearest the seat) are quite short... the two back ones I measured at a tad over 50mm...

With the spacers fitted the back 50mm ones fit into the front holes nicely...which has made me go out and check if the 50mm will fit the rear holes :blast

Need 80mm for the back ones :augie

Back
Top Bottom