K75 abs

Hairnet600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking at one of these possibly

chap says that the light is on but it passed the mot like that

i thought if its on and doesnt go out thats a fail like cars

is it a simple fix (bwm yank site quote pumps at 1000 usd)

not had a bike with abs before
:blast

abs

Hi
I don't remember the significance of flashing versus always on abs lights but first check the tail light bulb isn't blown.
On my old K11RS there was a straightforward ABS reset sequence using a short length of wire to earth the 3 pin plug behind the left hand side panel. I'll search it out for you - if someone else doesn't pitch in soon

In the worst case; a dealer can read any logged error to diagnose the problem e.g. the abs controller or the modulators - one associated with each wheel.
David

Last edited:
Don't go getting a new ABS unit yet.
There might be one coming off my K75 RT next week or so:thumb2 as it's being triked and rear ABS will be removed..

I have abs 1 on my k100rs, i`ve removed the brain from the tail unit and the rest will be going in the bin(ebay) as soon as i can get a day off to have a new brake line made up.

you may want to check if you have the correct battery for a abs bike first and if you are keeping it on the bike make sure its in good conditiion.

The reason I`m removing mine is it saves 10kg and its unreliable and even when working its crap, it will allow a wheel to lock for far too long and is nothing like modern abs which seems to work just before locking up, if you want a laugh look up the price of the abs units.

ray

Back
Top Bottom