Any recommendations for the East??

650EssexBoy

Reaction score
Me and Sarah are off to Berlin at the end of next week - we're leaving the UK on Friday and back on the following Sunday - 9 days in total - anyone got any tips on where to go after Berlin??

I fancy Poland, we wondered about Czech, but any advice on places to see / roads to travel down would be great.

Thanks!

Stuart.

Some possibilities.....
Elblag canal (Nothern Poland)... Boats on railways tracks! (Not sure if they run this late in the year though)

Cesky Krumlov (Czech Republic)... Fantastic small Czech town that really is unique. (Better in the summer when you can go rafting around the bars)

Edersee (one of the damn busters damns - Central Germany) Great riding roads in this area.

Colditz. Tally ho and all that.

Hamburg (Northern Germany) The "red light district" is very much like Amsterdamn, a very popular social scene. They also have one of the biggest indoor model railways in the world. Those Germans and their toys!

Harz Mountains More great riding roads in central Germany.

...That's just some thoughts. The only decent roads I enjoyed in Poland was the Tatras down on the Czech/Slovak border.
Well, that's my 2 penies worth, but I'm sure there will plenty of others to advise (such as the eagles nest, Krakow, etc.)

Zagan (Poland) Stalag Luft III that was the site of the real Great Escape. Museum and foundations, path of tunnel and memorials etc.
+1 for Colditz.

Zagan (Poland) Stalag Luft III that was the site of the real Great Escape. Museum and foundations, path of tunnel and memorials etc.
+1 for Colditz.

Stalag luft 111 at Zagan is worth a visit...

We stayed at this place ( Zary) in 2004

http://www.hayduk.com.pl/hayduk_zary.aspx

Clean rooms and the next town to Zagan- also within an afternoons ride from Berlin :thumb

Back
Top Bottom