Versys---Anyone had one?

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure this is right place but I am looking for a sensible review by an ex owner of the Kawasaki Versys. Ive got a 130 mile round trip and am looking for ease of use and economy (Yeah I know about the 650/800 just havent got that money).

Not sure this is right place but I am looking for a sensible review by an ex owner of the Kawasaki Versys. Ive got a 130 mile round trip and am looking for ease of use and economy (Yeah I know about the 650/800 just havent got that money).

Ask Duchess :thumb

A mate has one and uses it to commute from the south coast into London all year round. He rates it as one of the best value for money bikes he's used for the commute and loves it.

I've riden it a few times and, apart from the scary original fitment tyres, I couldn't fault it. Dead comfy (I'm 6ft), predictable handling and a lovely engine that feels more like a 4 (smooth) when on song. Best thing is its Jekyl and Hyde character; if you wind it up it can really fly, has the handling to cope and will lift the front on power in 2nd and 3rd - bit like a large and slightly heavy Supermoto.

Andres

Had two..still got one.

Suspension can be harsh depending on road surface, brakes not the best but more than adequate. Finish suspect in some areas..fork legs, fairing mount, frame above rad etc.
Economy...48-70 mpg..average around 60mpg.
High gel seat & vario screen fitted to mine...more comfortable than any set up I've had on GS's....800 mile days..easy.

Suprisingly brisk...happy to cruise at Garmin indicated 100mph (speedo very optimistic)
Took mine abroad twice last year...Brittany then Alps, Versys capabilities surprised everyone.

Recommended:thumb2

Attachments

• Versys group.JPG
    Versys group.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 440
Thanks for all your replies, anyone hve any comments about saddle comfort and saddle to footpeg length against a GS? And do the screens cause as much debate as GS ones do??:D

The larger screen from Kawasaki is worth fitting, its made by MRA and if I recall correctly, its also available as a Vario. Fitted handguards to mine which made a big difference in winter (KTM ones fit perfect £25 and match Z750 mirrors very well if you want to pimp it ). Agree fully with Outtomunch's report on the bike and its really easy to ride fast if you want but change those Dunlop oe tyres, no fun in the wet! Great value for money and plenty of accessories about for them.

Sort of confirmd my suspicions now all I gotta do is find someone whos got one and fancies an 1150GS

i had one for 18 months before chopping it in for the gs, and its a brilliant bit of kit,

its all dat comfy as long as you change the screen for the mra one or a ermax one, as the original one is pants,

fitted ktm handgurads to mine and a powerbronze hugger along with a scotoiler and akro can (which sounded ace!)n and a set of givi e21 panniers and framrs as didnt like the kwak options

dont have a car so used the bike everyday and never put a foot wrong (unlike the gs) and even survived a couple of tumbles with just a few scratches, unlike me!

if yout thinking of getting one check out the brand new one for next year, got a bit more power and slightly improved styling, and kwak have bought out a shed load of new accessories for them, and chenge the om tyres asap, as they are pants, had bridgestone bt021 on mine and that was enough to get the pegs down!

imo you cant go wrong with one, ace littl bike that will do everything you ask of it, scratch, tour, commute and hussle,somtimes i wich i had never sold mine!

ace bike, go for it!

:beerjug: :thumb

"Loueye" is selling one 2007 plate.

We did a weekend around Scotland and I was surprised how quick it was (same as my 1200). Got about the same mpg, perhaps slightly better. Decent workhorse of a bike.

Its getting more and more tempting, silly question buyt can you get a helmet in a standard Kawasaki pannier?? ( I fecking hate top boxes!! make any bike look like a bloody C90!!):D

I've got the same engine in my ER6F and it's a cracker. The ER6 shares many of the same issues as the Versys (hard suspension, dodgy stock tyres - much improved with Road Pilot 2s, etc.) but I'd definitely recommend it.

Its getting more and more tempting, silly question buyt can you get a helmet in a standard Kawasaki pannier?? ( I fecking hate top boxes!! make any bike look like a bloody C90!!):D

Yes, you can...:thumb

"Loueye" is selling one 2007 plate.

We did a weekend around Scotland and I was surprised how quick it was (same as my 1200). Got about the same mpg, perhaps slightly better. Decent workhorse of a bike.

Would be interested if I could sell me 1150gs

Back
Top Bottom