OEM or Jesse for 1150GS ADV

hendikaf

I now have a set of Jesse and I have the opportunity to swap them for OEM , I am preparing a RTW trip and the jesse seems way smaller than the OEM, can anyone give me thier experience about the OEM. They seems wider but also much more fragile vs the jesse, how does the OEM do when you drop the bike .

Thanks

Hendi:blagblah

Jesse ...

... are widely regarded as the best non-OEM luggage for the 11** and highly prized (and highly priced) over here. If you've got some then keep them as they are a more practical proposition than the OEM panniers.

Oddessy bags are approximately the same capacity as metal OEM ones but much narrower and much more likely to survive in the case of an unplanned 'off'; trust me, I've tried :blast

On the LWR they didn't use OEM side tin boxes but Touratech ones. Even though they were being helped by BM. Unless TT were "helping" even more :blast

support

I didnt like the rear support on the jesses by the exhaust near the tail light area on the left side, by the looks of the pics theres no support there,oe pannies are cheap by comparioson,but oddly shaped and dont carry much,and they side load which is a right pain.
there are better alternatives if you look around.
Touratech ones are wide unless you go for the special set, not much use filtering thru traffic,ok in mongolia and uzbekhistan.
I went for caja''sahel cos he makes a special set which are quite roomy and narrower than the std plastic ones,they are bolted on which stops scroats to a point from nicking them.
Touratech ones bolt on too, but come off easily which is a bonus, but by the same token are easily stolen in secs.
Depends where you live and how much traffic you want to get through.
Oh and the other prob with the jesses was that with those high lids, i dont think i could use them with a top box, cos u cant get the lids off cos the top box is in the way.
there is a whole section on Panniers somewhere.atb paul.:roll

I now have a set of Jesse and I have the opportunity to swap them for OEM , I am preparing a RTW trip and the jesse seems way smaller than the OEM, can anyone give me thier experience about the OEM. They seems wider but also much more fragile vs the jesse, how does the OEM do when you drop the bike .

Thanks

Hendi:blagblah

I've had Jesse's/ OEM/TT , and now I've settled on a set of 1200 ADV panniers and Holan frames to fit :thumb

Thanks to Nick Marshall who has the copyright on the photo :augie

Attachments

• new panniers 1.jpg
    new panniers 1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 131

Back
Top Bottom