R1100gs twin spark

blues_bleu

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hello, wanna check with you guys here...
i have seen it in the forum sometimes back....
but now it just don't seem to be in the picture anymore???

i'm converting my 96" R1100GS into a twin spark.
anyone has any ideal about the wire from the ignition to the main harness.
coz the exisiting one are of 2 wire and the new one is 3 wire.

thanks!:comfort

Mind me asking 'why'?

The twinspark was only developed to deal with emissions laws. (I believe) as far as I can tell it offers no genuine advantage... just extra expense come service time.

So.. I'm very interested to know why you're doing this.

Wonder if I could fit servo brakes to mine? :augie

Yea

I'm going for the Canbus conversion myself, with one of those new fuel pump controller things too.

Mind me asking 'why'?

The twinspark was only developed to deal with emissions laws. (I believe) as far as I can tell it offers no genuine advantage... just extra expense come service time.

So.. I'm very interested to know why you're doing this.

am i right or wrong in saying that the twin spark erradicates the surging problem that some 1100gs,s have

am i right or wrong in saying that the twin spark erradicates the surging problem that some 1100gs,s have

Maybe, the only twin spark upgrades I know of are to enable old airheads to run on unleaded :nenau.
Stewart

The best way to sort the surging problem is to have the bike properly set up by someone who knows what they're doing.

To be quite honest the idea of converting the bike to a twin spark to cure this seems a little like extreme overkill... just thinking what will need to be done to the bike brings me out in a cold sweat... with absolutely no garantee it will work.

Far easier to fully convert your 'import' to full UK spec. UK exhaust.. cat wiring disconnected. CO pot fitted... and then a proper service.

by 'proper' I mean - steptoed. :thumb

My 2000 1150GS is single spark and doesn't have any surging issues.
I could imagine that a good synchronisation is harder to achieve with the assymetrical downpipes of the 1100 than with the symmetrical downpipes of the 1150.

My 2000 1150GS is single spark and doesn't have any surging issues.
I could imagine that a good synchronisation is harder to achieve with the assymetrical downpipes of the 1100 than with the symmetrical downpipes of the 1150.

now THATS a new one!!

The reason your bike doesn't 'surge' is the same reason my current and previous 1100 never surged.

Its properly set-up. :thumb

He wants to know where the wires go! He has not asked for an opinion on the pros and cons of twin plugging or mentioned surging. If you have the answer to his question help the guy:augie

By the way twin plugging is a superb improvement and well worth the effort on this model:augie

I can create surging on my bike (97 1100) at will by mal/adjusting my TPS, currently it does not surge at all, its all in the setup, I was trying to improve economy and getting nowhere, in desperation I decided to try a range of TPS voltages, dropping the voltage to 0.345 volts had it surging like a goodun, a return to 0.385 and the surging disappeared.

Stewart

By the way twin plugging is a superb improvement and well worth the effort on this model:augie

Can you explain why it's an improvement and what difference it makes? There are clearly a lot of us who are working on the basis that the twin-spark 1150 didn't run any different from the single spark one so there's little apparent advantage in twin-plugging an 1100.

Back
Top Bottom