G650Xchallenge, G450 or what, advice needed.

Dennis1971

Reaction score
Got back from some great trail riding in spain with Redtread and looking around to get a bike. I've played with the F650GS Dakar on level 1, the Xchallenge on Level 2 and had lots of fun on a CRf450 in Spain. I am looking into various bikes, living in Berkshire the off road fun involves roadwork also and I am not keen on getting a high maintentance bike.

So what do you guys and girls think. I am looking for a Xchallenge but they seem to have vanished at dealers and private sales. Ideally I would go for that since it will be more than capable for road work and will fit my 6'2" frame well.

Is the G450 to high maintenance for road use? What is maintenance like on an older KTM EXC450?

What other bikes should I consider and if you have something for sale let me know.

Budget is £2000-£3000 depending on bike and farkle level.

thanks
Dennis

I am looking into various bikes, living in Berkshire the off road fun involves roadwork also and I am not keen on getting a high maintentance bike.

So what do you guys and girls think. I am looking for a Xchallenge but they seem to have vanished at dealers and private sales. Ideally I would go for that since it will be more than capable for road work and will fit my 6'2" frame well.

Is the G450 to high maintenance for road use? What is maintenance like on an older KTM EXC450?

Budget is £2000-£3000 depending on bike and farkle level.

thanks
Dennis

You've answered your own question, Dennis

High Roadwork and Low maintenance - do not mix with a 450cc bike

Unless you are going to do loads of tight, technical, rocky single track which is better on a 450cc or below bike, then a XChallenge will be great

I imagine, living in Berkshire you will go the Plain and again the XC will be fine

Back
Top Bottom