Remus Revolution is the same on the GS as on the Adventure?

james0133

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Remus Revolution is the same on the regular R1150GS as on the Adventure?
Cheers!

Thanks for the replys. I think I'll order one tomorrow. My local bike shop will do a good deal on an Alloy one €260. I just hope it runs the same as stock. It just needs to be a little louder, especially in these dark evenings.

Good to hear from you Bryn, I've been meaning to email you. Will soon.

Thanks for the replys. I think I'll order one tomorrow. My local bike shop will do a good deal on an Alloy one €260. I just hope it runs the same as stock.

If you're going to be riding it through winter on salted roads, you'd be better off with the Titanium version.

Does anyone know if the Remus Revolution is the same on the regular R1150GS as on the Adventure?
Cheers!

There is a slight difference, mounting bracket and exhaust tip. Both exhausts will fit the original mounting hole centres, the updated Adventure end tip is to help with pannier heat/fouling issues.:type

Attachments

• Remus GS.JPG
    Remus GS.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 335
  • Remus Adv.JPG
    Remus Adv.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 339
Thanks for the info and that is interesting that there is a difference but now I'm not sure whether to get it now or not, cos my insurance company wants more money, if it has a performance advantage.

Plus it reduces low end power, even though only slightly, unless you use a different map.
See the link:

http://www.bikeboy.org/r1150gs.html

Also in this article he says "It was not noticeably louder than the standard muffler though, which was a surprise. Most of the noise must be consumed in the cat section." And I don't want to remove the CAT. I only want the silencer to make the bike louder. Have people not noticed much difference in volume with only the silencer?

Take the baffle out o the centre, iv had one on mine for seven yrs now and its as loud as, no problems hearing my bavarian bomber approaching on a dark night:thumb2

No cat, standard exhaust on one - works well (Y-piece, obviously).

The other, the standard single spark has a Remus on the standard non cat pipes....lovely burble but still quiet. Not noticed the drop in power, the standard single spark bike is a good bit quicker than the twin spark Adv....I rode one yesterday to Angelsey and back (324 miles, through the snow mountains on the way home!) and then to Stowmarket today on the Adv. which turned out to be 341 miles return. The standard bike is definitely faster, but I still like the ride the Adv gives. I have been wondering about putting a different can on it, but can't see the point!

Thanks for the info and that is interesting that there is a difference but now I'm not sure whether to get it now or not, cos my insurance company wants more money, if it has a performance advantage.

IMO you must be mad to declare a performance advantage from an aftermarket can. It's barely noticeable. Just tell them you're fitting it for weight and looks. 1.4bhp is hardly going to make it more likely you'll crash.

Plus it reduces low end power, even though only slightly, unless you use a different map.
See the link:

http://www.bikeboy.org/r1150gs.html

If you believe that plot, how would you get the bike up to 25/27mph - push it? After all, the engine makes no power below that speed :rolleyes: It's an odd way to plot power - more normal is power against engine speed. Anyway, you won't notice a power difference at low speeds - it's torque you need. And torque isn't quoted.

Also in this article he says "It was not noticeably louder than the standard muffler though, which was a surprise. Most of the noise must be consumed in the cat section." And I don't want to remove the CAT. I only want the silencer to make the bike louder. Have people not noticed much difference in volume with only the silencer?

If you want to make the bike louder (and I'll resist the temptation to go off on one on that subject....) then remove the cat and fit a y-piece - most of the muffling is done by the cat, hence the reason a lot of people run cat-only with a stubby. As long as the cat if fitted it doesn't make much difference what can you've got fitted behind it.

If you want to make the bike louder (and I'll resist the temptation to go off on one on that subject....) then remove the cat and fit a y-piece - most of the muffling is done by the cat, hence the reason a lot of people run cat-only with a stubby. As long as the cat if fitted it doesn't make much difference what can you've got fitted behind it.

+1 On that, swapping the end pipe only won't have the desired effect, I know as I did it.

My advice to you is to first take off the end can and go for a spin, if you are happy with the sound then just pop a stubby on it and the jobs done. If thats not loud enough I'd go for a Y-pipe to replace the cat with the standard can. Then change the can last if you want more.

I wish I had tried this when I replaced my exhaust, because I would have gone for the cat + stubby and saved a good £400ish. I remember speaking to Packer at Lumb Farm 08 and he told me how it worked a treat (Cat + stubby) giving him more MPG, better mid range, and it sounded great.

My 2p worth

Good luck with it.

Ian

That’s really good advice, Ian6760. Thanks.

I am going to pick up a Y piece and use the stock silencer. I've heard that Sebring are cheaper than Remus for a Y piece. Does anyone know a good place to get one?

I am going to try Steptoe's Cat Code trick. Has anyone recorded a change in MPG with the stock silencer, Y piece plus the Cat Code bridged?

That’s really good advice, Ian6760. Thanks.

I am going to pick up a Y piece and use the stock silencer. I've heard that Sebring are cheaper than Remus for a Y piece. Does anyone know a good place to get one?

I am going to try Steptoe's Cat Code trick. Has anyone recorded a change in MPG with the stock silencer, Y piece plus the Cat Code bridged?

got a remus y piece here if your interested £80 plus post.:thumb2

got a remus y piece here if your interested £80 plus post.:thumb2

That sounds like a possibility. What kind of condition is it in?

I'm looking at the Wunderlich catalog and liking the look of the "Professional Collector" has anyone tried it in comparison to the standard Remus Y piece?

That sounds like a possibility. What kind of condition is it in?

I'm looking at the Wunderlich catalog and liking the look of the "Professional Collector" has anyone tried it in comparison to the standard Remus Y piece?

condition good:thumb2

017-7.jpg

if you want something new check out pipeys wares
in this thread
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213410
:thumb2

I've wondered the same thing - it interests me. But I've never found anyone who's used one and I'm wary about being the first...... Maybe I'm not professional enough to use it? :D

I've wondered the same thing - it interests me. But I've never found anyone who's used one and I'm wary about being the first...... Maybe I'm not professional enough to use it? :D

I got the, so called, Professional Collector/Y-Piece from Wunderlich. What a piece of rubbish!! It is such a bad fit I've sent it back. €60 to post cos it is so heavy.

I presume the Remus Y-Piece is a good fit?

I've left the silencer off for now, it is an amazingly heavy part, and the bike makes a nice deep sound without it. Which in my opinion is a little safer in traffic. I would prefer it a little louder but its good for now, I just need to find some kind of finisher to fit it now.

I got the, so called, Professional Collector/Y-Piece from Wunderlich. What a piece of rubbish!! It is such a bad fit I've sent it back. €60 to post cos it is so heavy.

I presume the Remus Y-Piece is a good fit?

I've left the silencer off for now, it is an amazingly heavy part, and the bike makes a nice deep sound without it. Which in my opinion is a little safer in traffic. I would prefer it a little louder but its good for now, I just need to find some kind of finisher to fit it now.

pm pipey of this parish his y-peices are top quality and a fraction of the price of the remus or any other nice n light too:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom