Help needed

majorbumsore

Reaction score
Hi guy's,
I have an odd question.
following my bike being reversed into by a van driver.:blast which is another story!!

When a straight edge is used to check the wheel alignment on my enduro, the front wheel is 15mm out of line with the back.

To explain a little further, the bike is wearing its super moto wheels, when the straight edge is placed to the near side and the wheels aligned the gap between the straight edge and front wheel is greater by about 15mm than that on the off side when the process is repeated.

I have had it to Jeffries and they assure me its normal. a boxer thing.

So my question is 'IS IT A BOXER THING'.:nenau
Far be it from me to question Jeffries tech's but It does sound a bit odd.

Can anyone answer this for me, or nip out and check your HP2.

I dont want to be in a possition where i find out in 6 months Jeffries were wrong and its a result of the van man and his circus mirrors.

Thanks in advance guy's. Ive tried to find out through various means but it looks like yet again the GS'er community may hold the answer to a question the experts cant answer.:thumb

If you know any experts out there, I would greatly apreciate this post being sent to them. Thanks boys.

Sorry I missed this - mine is on it's dirt rims at the moment but I will check it in the morning :thumb2

Ok I've been pondering this some more and here's my thoughts.

My rear wheel is a 1200 gsa rim, which is wider than a stock enduro rim (obviously but bear with me)
the front rim is a super moto rim and is also wider, this is laced evenly from the centre hub with spokes.

However in order to lace a wider rim on the rear it has to be off set to the near side due to the swing arm drive shaft:blast.
Thus giving a slight off set when the wheel alignment is checked with a straight edge. TA DARR.:clap

Well that is my theory!!! I came up with it all by myself so it is probably total bollox:pullface but what do you all recon.
Am I on the right track or talkin shite (not for the first time it has to be said)

Opinions please. But be gentle, I'm an acident victim dont forget.:D

Ps chears Mav.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom