R & G Tail tidy for X Challenge

Just found this on the R&G website, a tail tidy at 52 GBP+ vat for the X Challenge.
www.rg-racing.com/RGproducts/ProductGallery.aspx?sku=lp0049bk&page=7

Very good investment.....................look how neat it is:D

WhiteHorse1.jpg

Plus another 1....

I have one to fit to my XC on Tuesday, the folded metalwork is a nice job.

I will keep the stock rear indicators for mine I think.....

Timpo.

I wouldn't.....................they fill up with water and mud, especially in the position they are located:blast

I took the opportunity to fit some really bendy ones - like the TT type. Got them from an Autojumble for fiver

I wired them into the harness with a proper BMW plug (friendly dealers:D)

I wouldn't.....................they fill up with water and mud, especially in the position they are located:blast

I took the opportunity to fit some really bendy ones - like the TT type. Got them from an Autojumble for fiver

I wired them into the harness with a proper BMW plug (friendly dealers:D)

That sounds like a better idea than using the indicators that R+G supply, which are completely rigid. They don't clear the number plate very well and i broke one at tidworth last weekend (finally broken my first indicator after 10 years of riding :D).

Indicators aside, the other light that is provided for the number plate is very impressive considering it's size!

Nathan

That sounds like a better idea than using the indicators that R+G supply, which are completely rigid. They don't clear the number plate very well and i broke one at tidworth last weekend (finally broken my first indicator after 10 years of riding :D).

Indicators aside, the other light that is provided for the number plate is very impressive considering it's size!

Nathan

No denying the R&G looks the biz, I have it fitted with the stock indicators.................but you don't half get covered in shite up yer back!

I think these tail tidys are designed for US number plates, because once fitted, a UK plate covers up the indicators!

I had to bend the the indicator mounts 180 degress, so they are no above the number plate. :pullface

Nah, I've gone for the stock indicators.
I fitted the RGTT this afternoon, and used the BMW loom without cutting the cabling to the indicators. I'm very pleased, and it looks the bizzz. I fitted the BMW rear rack too.:thumb2
Just got to get my small number plate sorted and that will be the rear end complete..
I got a pair of MT21 tyres here, so once I've picked the rimlocks up, they can go on too.
14T sprocket is on order......
I'm really going to enjoy this bike...... I can tell!:bounce1

Timpo.

PS. I got a pair of RG micro indicators and resistors here if they are of any use to anyone, £22.50 delivered to UK address.

Nah, I've gone for the stock indicators.
I fitted the RGTT this afternoon, and used the BMW loom without cutting the cabling to the indicators. I'm very pleased, and it looks the bizzz. I fitted the BMW rear rack too.:thumb2
Just got to get my small number plate sorted and that will be the rear end complete..
I got a pair of MT21 tyres here, so once I've picked the rimlocks up, they can go on too.
14T sprocket is on order......
I'm really going to enjoy this bike...... I can tell!:bounce1

Timpo.

PS. I got a pair of RG micro indicators and resistors here if they are of any use to anyone, £22.50 delivered to UK address.

:postpics:adv:

:blast

i've just bought some to replace the one i trashed at tidworth....

Just got to get my small number plate sorted and that will be the rear end complete.... I've been looking for a supplier but haven't found one, where are you getting yours from ?

Ordering a pair of these 2 moro

Still to fit my tail tidy . Its the slightly odd one from ADV which uses the stock indicators in a vertical position.

Is your rear shock fitted yet Timpo............if so how is it ?:thumb

Is your rear shock fitted yet Timpo............if so how is it ?:thumb

No, the £495 won't be available until January......;)
I've spent enough over the last month......:D

I saw the vertical indicators, very odd looking so I went R&G route..... it will have a 5-digit legal plate on it, so 165mm x 165mm. Craigplates have made all my small legal plates for me, they have all the required markings.

Timpo.

No, the £495 won't be available until January......;)
I've spent enough over the last month......:D

I saw the vertical indicators, very odd looking so I went R&G route..... it will have a 5-digit legal plate on it, so 165mm x 165mm. Craigplates have made all my small legal plates for me, they have all the required markings.

Timpo.

Yeh it will look strange but I figure it'll keep them out of the way.

I normally get all my plates from Framptons , they even did my 'portrait' plate for the GS but they dont do flexible ones. Would that number plate from Craigplates be flexible then or rigid ?:nenau

Would that number plate from Craigplates be flexible then or rigid ?:nenau

Rigid, the flexi plates are not legal any longer. The spec of the 'new' plate requirements, and since the regs became tighter, I have seen more broken plates on the trail rides than all the years rides prior to the reg changes.
But I think you'd be hard done to if you had a legal sized flexi plate and got a ticket for it. The usual pull from Plod is for dirty or illegally small plates, so if it's clan and looks of the correct sizing then you should be right..... but Plod can be a t**t..... especially in Wales.

T.

Plates....................I use a smaller yellow reflective alloy one (old style compettion one) and stick on numbers

It may not be absolutely 100% correct on size...............but it's ok and pretty inoffensive

I use an old style Trials shop.................pretty rare, but they have a plethora of useful dirtbike stuff from yesteryear

Thank god there is still some old style proper bike dealers left...............trouble is you have to travel a bit and find them

Maltontrail.jpg

Hawnby1.jpg

Malton1.jpg

Like your number plate. Do you mind telling me what size it is ?

Like your number plate. Do you mind telling me what size it is ?

180mm x 155mm, not strictly legal in the 21st century, as it has stick-on numbers on an alloy plate.................but I've been using alloy plates and stick on numbers for 25 years on my trials & trail bikes, so I'll carry on until stop being able to:rolleyes:

Bit slow replying to that question Johnny:rob

Missed it before:blast

You had a probs re-fitting the original BMW number plate holder?

Just acquired a tasty Titanium & Carbon Remus for mine and the indicators foul the can, with the R&G Tail Tidy fitted:blast.....................thinking of going back to the stocker

Back
Top Bottom