Switched Power

essjay

Reaction score
Anyone ever use something like this for switched power coming directly from the OEM fuse box? Run this to relay to switch on power to the box.

Any pros or cons?

31_1_b.JPG

Didnt know they made that........... so I made my own and it works a treat. Hang as many relays off it as you like, battery connections close by, good solution in my book. From memory its the rear tail light fuse thats easiest to replace and is switched from the ignition.

Nick

I do buy some crap in fairness...! When it comes to electrics and wiring I like things to be nice and neat. The bike can look like shite once my wiring is proper...

If anyone is interested those fuse piggy back thingies are £5 off eBay - 370240805237

So last night I got around to fitting it.

Took out fuse 4 which on the 1100GS is the horn. Worked a charm. Put a 5 amp fuse in the top space to trigger the relay and the original horn 15 amp in the bottom space so the horn circuit is still working.

So now I have switched power from the OEM fusebox without having to cut into any wires.

The lid of the fuse box closes perfectly (once I cut a small square out of the foam that covers the fuses)

Back
Top Bottom