Flip

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date

Deleted account W

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fqgwo_WdyRo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fqgwo_WdyRo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't normally have a lot of time for Harleys, but I so want to try that one!
(Not the backflip bit, obviously. I'm not that stupid. :rolleyes:)
Mark

That bike is :drool I want one :D

How the feck do you backflip something like that :clap

That bike is :drool I want one :D

How the feck do you backflip something like that :clap
by spending a lot of cash on upgrading the suspension and chassis of a stock XR....lol

still a good stunt, mind...
but as for the XR - i rather stick with my Buell...

maybe we should try and flip that one....:augie

Coincidentaly (spelt?)...:eek
I had left the TV on after watching the indoor enduro and was sorting something for my tea. There was some kind of freestyle MX on from Prague, and I heard the commentator talking about some guy evoking the "Spirit of Evel Kneivel" by trying to backflip a Harley. So I went back to have a look, and it isn't the same guy, and it didn't look to be exactly the same bike. The camerawork was lousy, they nearly missed the actual stunt, and the commentator was even worse, but he did it. On road tyres!
The landing looked just as you would expect a Harley to land, like a block of flats falling from the sky. The rider headbutted the bars and got bounced off, anf the bike buried itself in the airbags under the stage. I don't know which was recorded first, but they were making a big deal of it being "The first time a Harley etc..."
The you tube clip is definately better!
Mark

The Prague bike was pretty much stock and was first. You could see how hard it was to do it from the reactions of the other riders around at the time :eek:

Rather good XR.

Attachments

• P1000430.JPG
    P1000430.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 96

Back
Top Bottom