Tossers Skiing - Open invitation for 24 Jan 2010 - 7 days - all levels (inc novices)

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
photo_photo_26.jpg

OK here goes:

I've reserved a number of twin-bedded rooms in a decent ski chalet in the French resort of La Rosière. La Rosière links with the Italian ski resort of La Thuile by the small St Bernard Pass. At 1850m the resort is reasonably high, so is snow sure.

There are 150kms of pisted runs; easy greens through to blacks (12 blacks - 32 reds - 23 blues - 6 greens). Numerous ski/boarding schools operate but the resort itself is somewhat quieter than others in the area.

oliver1.jpg

The chalet is on the main drag about 500m from the ski lifts. There is a free shuttle bus if you don't want to walk.

Up to 18 places are available on a shared twin-room basis.

oliver2.jpg

Costs:

• £610 per person

This includes:

• Accommodation
  • Flight from Gatwick (other airports are available)
  • Airport to chalet transfers
  • 7 x breakfast
  • 7 x afternoon tea/cakes
  • 6 x dinner with wine

Variations:

• £35 extra for flights from Manchester or Birmingham
  • £25 extra for ski/board carriage
  • £100 reduction for self-travel (I might drive)

You will need:

• Ski pass - €171.90
  • Ski clothing
  • Ski equipment - can be hired
  • Ski school - if required - easily booked

If this is going to happen, I need a 100% firm commitment by Monday evening (7 Dec)

Greg

Don't get bringing any ducks back or hiding skis on the roof:aidan

Sounds a good deal
I would go if I were not already skiing a week later.:comfort

Sorry Greg, cant make this. I am in Hintertux for a week from tomorrow, and I will be in Verbier two weeks before your trip.

When are you going to ski Hemel?

Doing some sums, checking my leave at work tonight.:thumb2

Greg, this would have been such a hoot but I am changing my shifts and it falls in the middle of that week.... I can only urge anyone thinking to stop thinking and go as this type of holiday is the best there is, just fantastic. I'll double check to see if anyone can do extra time but confident I can do it due to my changes that week.:(:(

Reminder - if this trip is going to happen, Monday evening the the deadline.

Greg

Another year and I might be interested in something like this - but just booked 1 week skiing in Bansko and have also said yes to another week with my sister snowboarding.

I think 3 ski/board holidays in 3 months might be a it much :augie have fun though

It doesn't look like we've made 'critical mass', so I'll close this and give it another go next year.

:(

Greg

leave wasn't a problem but work is slow so the sums didn't add up i'm afraid decided to pay my tax bill instead :blast

Back
Top Bottom