x challenge

FERRET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right here goes, might sound like a silly question as i have not been able to find any mention of this on previous threads! I was out yesterday mid wales/herefordshire green laning and went through some really deep water, when cleaning and servicing the bike today found about 1" of water in the air box:(, i note theat the air filter fitted is a paper type , which to be fair isnt waterproof, what do other x challenge riders use?, are there any alternatives out there?, foam etc, and if so where can i get one from:thumb2

thanks in advance Ferret

Oh, and yet again the gearlever bent back to the footpeg, good job its fitted with the kx 60 lever else i think the gearbox shaft might have sheared.:eek:

Is this helpful?

Single, one stage foam pod filter with internal support spring and polyurethane flange incorporating locking tab.
Normally supplied “dry” – requires oiling prior to use.

http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/d320.html

Touratech filter is the same just badged Touratech, works out same if you take account shipping amd aussie exchange rate.

powroll's Xco thread suggestion may be what you want, as I understand it also fits the Xch?

Yes, it's the Aussie foam one you want and it does fit the XCh.

But do you think the water ingress was through the intake, or is there a flaw in airbox sealings, or a breather/drain that is allowing water passage?

T.

Also check whether your bike has had the air intake cover removed, this makes it sound a bit more throaty and some claim (on Adv Rider) a bit more powerful, though at the expense of making it easy for water to get in ...

All good advice

One of the first things I did was to junk the paper filter, in favour of the Unifilter foam one

Must have been very deep water (over the seat) to enter the airbox or totally submersed:eek:

Check the seals

Yes, was very deep water, will order a foam filter and check all seals on air box,and breather, thanks for the replies

ferret:thumb

Back
Top Bottom