Fork Height

frostyuk

Reaction score
Hi all

this may be a daft question but how high should the fork tubes protrude from the top clamps? mine look quite high at 20mm from the top of the clamp to the top of the tube ..... are there any recommended settings ?:confused:

Cheers
frostyuk

Mines not been altered since new and sits around 5mm high. However I am thinking of lowering the clamps a little as the bike still sits a little too high for me.

ah thanks for that, at 6'4" the heights not a problem for me, now i just need the torque settings you requested in your post to move them back :D

By increasing the length that the fork protrude through the yoke, you are changing the geometry of the bike. The more the forks protrude the more you are moving weight forward and shortening the wheelbase which makes the bike steer quicker.

By increasing the length that the fork protrude through the yoke, you are changing the geometry of the bike. The more the forks protrude the more you are moving weight forward and shortening the wheelbase which makes the bike steer quicker.

True, but the Gs have an adjustable rear shock too, which if both ends are done the same amount will maintain the geometry as BMW intended, I assume.

IIRC there are 3 marks on the fork tubes to equate with the top middle and bottom setting of the rear shock.

HTH

am not sure the g650 have that setting on the rear shock but i will look into it, so thanks for that.

from the advrider torque and spec page the protrusion should be 10.5mm and the torque is 25nm if i read the table correctly

Check out the answers to my post a few months back:
Here

This is certainly the case on the XCo, not sure about the others.

ah ic, i should have been a tad more specific,:blast i'm on an XCh with an air shock, but thanks for the reply:)

Back
Top Bottom