power cable circuit board?

fozziegsa

Reaction score
Hi all, i have looked honest!
I was having problems with my dam TT cutting in and out so i thought i would check connections etc. ( found the thread for the reasons why)
anyway
When checking the lead i noticed that the power lead has a small circuit board. I have looked on various sites for cables but none of them show a circuit board.
can anyone tell me what this circuit board does.( i just thought it was a in line fuse that was needed?

Is Egor still making those straps? as my tom tom is beginning to annoy me!

Regards
Fozziegsa.

thinks ... its a new cradle time :augie and go to www.buybits.com who has both Rider v1 and Rider v2 cradles, I know coz I chatted with Karl today and asked him.

Hi all, i have looked honest!
I was having problems with my dam TT cutting in and out so i thought i would check connections etc. ( found the thread for the reasons why)
anyway
When checking the lead i noticed that the power lead has a small circuit board. I have looked on various sites for cables but none of them show a circuit board.
can anyone tell me what this circuit board does.( i just thought it was a in line fuse that was needed?

Is Egor still making those straps? as my tom tom is beginning to annoy me!

Regards
Fozziegsa.

My TTRider v2 only has a plug on the SatNav end and it had open wires on the other end until I fitetd my own plug. I'm not sure why it would have a circuit board as it's only a 12v power lead.

My TTRider v2 only has a plug on the SatNav end and it had open wires on the other end until I fitetd my own plug. I'm not sure why it would have a circuit board as it's only a 12v power lead.

Thats what i thought. i might rip the old one out and replace with a new one and fit an in line fuse.

Regards
Fozzie!

I'm now onto my THIRD. :eek:

After my first failed, I fitted the second with an inline fuse thinking "that should sort it" - nope - the second then went.

So I am now onto my third and (touches wood), it is OK so far.

On each occasion I was in my first twelve months of owning the Rider v2 and TomTom sent me new ones each time - after I had to fill out the RMA form on the website and sent proof of purchase with it.

I think they have a problem with them and I'm not overly confident it has been fixed. I hope so, 'cos I quite like the Rider v2 to be honest.

Geesh, what is wrong with these things. I have looked and my holder and it isnt cracked. I cant see the point in buying the same again.

I need to try and make/buy a strap.

Fozziegsa.

I'm confused. What circuit board in the lead? I know there is a circuit board in the cradle but not in the lead.

For those fitting a fuse in the lead what kind of fuse are you using? When my cradle blew up i traced the fault to a blown 2A pcb fuse in the internal circuit board, which now has 3A fuse wire soldered across it, cheaper than a new cradle.

The circuit board is at the battery end of the cradle. It is approx 2inches x 1inches and covered with a heat shrink/rubber cover.
I will have to take a picture of it and try and post it on the web site.

Fozziegsa.

The circuit board?

The only circuit board would be in the cradle, and probably acts as the transformer from 12v to 5v...

Back
Top Bottom