Fuel Pipe lube easing

ThreeDawg

Reaction score
Blimey, my fuel pipes are difficult to fit on my '97 1100. Is there a lube (tried vaseline, doesn't work) which will make it easier to slip the rubber pipes over the solid ones especially at the engine end?

Finbarr Saunders wannabes need not reply...

Three Dawg

I warmed up the rubber pipe in some hot water and used pliers to grip it, its damaging the plastic ones that I was afraid of, I think a little engine oil helped, the trouble is anything you use is likely to end up in your injector.

Stewart

silicone grease works for me.

it's taken me years to work out, but i find the answer to sticking fuel pipes, is to not do the clamps up very tight in the first place :blast

Dip the rubber ends in hot water to soften them and a squirt of WD40 on the plastic.

silicone grease works for me.

it's taken me years to work out, but i find the answer to sticking fuel pipes, is to not do the clamps up very tight in the first place :blast

+1:thumb:thumb

Well, two pipes, I'll try WD40 on one and (if I can find it) some silicone grease on the other. Really stupid connection with the rigid pipes flapping about and difficult to grab hold without potential for damage. Will have to sort out some decent QD connectors. Used Motion Pro ones once, O rings rubbish...

Three Dawg

Red rubber grease - But anything is better than nothing.

Yeah, but not much judging by my lack of success this morning getting the pipes back on. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that you can't soften rubber pipe much with heat- beginning to miss the Cavis Benz lines on my old Jota...

Three Dawg

Back
Top Bottom