Gunsons analysers

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have the usual issue of checking the CO settings now and again for 1.5% +/- .5%. As I have two BMW’s with a CO pot and the local friendly garage burnt down:eek: it’s more of a pain to rob a go on the other garages analysers.

I have seen Gunsons Gastesters pronounced as both OK and crap on this forum and wondered about the consensus. There is the normal digital one and the “Pro” one. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

I bid for and old analogue infra-red one on eBay last week but was hopelessly outbid.

Are they worth chasing?

i had an old one (from new), and i would be firmly in the crap camp.

got a snap~on one now, and even that breaks too often. at least it works sometimes :rolleyes:

I too have an old Gunson gas tester (well its old now) problem with mine was it would never stabilize so you never knew when it was set right to test. The other problem (from memory) was there was no pump to pump the exhaust gasses through the device, it relied on the bikes exhaust pushing it through, so no way to flush it between tests, consequently, no way to calibrate it once it had been used. Never did get any useful use from it.

Gunsons units only stay in calibration for 20 mins. Then they need to be sent off for recalibrating.

Shite.

Thanks for the feedback. I was torn between laughing at Steptoe's non commital reply and his new seasonal "avatar";)

It reminded me of a Shetland story of a lady who held the local record for CD nipple balancing... teacher or nurse or something similarly intorvert:D

Guess I will pitch for something a bit less "toytown" or finding another garage maching to blag a go on.

Steptoe will no doubt be proud to hear that his avatar's are the reason I have to have them switched off (keep nearly getting sacked when I go on here at work) :D

Back
Top Bottom