New Years Eve Spin

(RIP) Tunneruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yeah it was cold, However I fitted some Oxford Hot Grips over the festive break, They are fecking brilliant. I'm very very impressed!
I did about 150 miles around the county, Just a bimble really. Just thought I'd share a couple of photos. They're from my phone so not particularly good.

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Neat

They look neat,iv got the KTM ones on mine there not 2 stage like my old 1150gsa ones but they get nice and hot.Bike looks good you pleased with it?

looks good mate! need to get mine replaced, left one shot right one hot.

I took the cover of my 04 950 today. What always impresses me is that the plastics always shine like new, Started her up spun the wheels to free sticky brakes, tempted to go but too much ice about. Mrs wanted to go too but has yet to realise the effects of gravity/ice versus that other thing that keeps em upright.

Gives me a warm glow just to hear her though.

looks good mate! need to get mine replaced, left one shot right one hot.

I took the cover of my 04 950 today. What always impresses me is that the plastics always shine like new, Started her up spun the wheels to free sticky brakes, tempted to go but too much ice about. Mrs wanted to go too but has yet to realise the effects of gravity/ice versus that other thing that keeps em upright.

Gives me a warm glow just to hear her though.

I wouldnt make too much of a practice of that (starting it frequently, without actually riding it). Its a good way to corrode the engine.
Any exhaust blow-by on the rings (worse when cold) carries moisture. And if you dont run it hard/long enough, the oil temp never gets high enough to evaporate it off - so it collects in the engine...

I wouldnt make too much of a practice of that (starting it frequently, without actually riding it). Its a good way to corrode the engine.
Any exhaust blow-by on the rings (worse when cold) carries moisture. And if you dont run it hard/long enough, the oil temp never gets high enough to evaporate it off - so it collects in the engine...

Cheers for that, sound advice, wont do it again!....:)

Back
Top Bottom