Any Enduro Parks in the South?

Maxxx

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not being from this country I'm not sure if the concept even exists here so please feel free to set me straight.

What I'm looking for is somewhere to play around and test the boundaries of my ability to ride my F800GS - not difficult right now as I'm very nervous of it off road - the heaviest bike I've ever owned.

I don't mean green lanes - I'm looking for somewhere that I can go off piste - something like a friendly farmer's lands - somewhere where I can look at something and think "ok - let's give that a try" ..........

BTW - does anyone know what the legality of riding on private land is here? I was raised on a farm in South Africa and could do what I wanted on our own farm. Is a landowner "allowed" to permission someone to ride wherever they want? Would neighbours / conservationalists be in a position to object / lay a complaint??

I don't want to be faced with a competative environment of a formal enduro or race - just want to have some fun. I've seen the thread about the Ashdown MX track and am thinking about taking the bike up there but MX tracks don't do it for me - I don't want to go fast and high........800 not made for that and neither am I

Perhaps I'm just dreaming - is this possible here?

Any suggestions??

Cheers.

have a ride up to ashdown mate,it's not all jumps just hilly terrain

Cool

I thought it was just for crossers - I'll try to get up there when it's not so darn cold to ride long distance!

I found loads of references to a place called "Tommy's Farm" in Wales near Pant-y-dwr Rhayader. It looks like it was exactly the kind of place that I've been looking for .......until it was shut down that is :(

Anyway - at least it gives me hope that where there was one there may be more:confused:

Salisbury plain maybe suitable for you - Lots of gravel tracks. Send me a PM if you want to come out next time I go.. ?

Salisbury plain maybe suitable for you - Lots of gravel tracks.
The plain is great, however:
I don't mean green lanes - I'm looking for somewhere that I can go off piste - something like a friendly farmer's lands - somewhere where I can look at something and think "ok - let's give that a try" ..........

BTW - does anyone know what the legality of riding on private land is here? I was raised on a farm in South Africa and could do what I wanted on our own farm. Is a landowner "allowed" to permission someone to ride wherever they want? Would neighbours / conservationalists be in a position to object / lay a complaint??
Yes to all the above.
You can ride anywhere the landowner gives you permission but if it happens too often complaints will be made in most locations....

Thanks to both of you

http://www.enduroland.co.uk/

Some of their easier courses may be suitable, if you feel confident....

Ah - now that looks interesting - I'll keep an eye on this one - thanks.:)

Salisbury plain maybe suitable for you - Lots of gravel tracks. Send me a PM if you want to come out next time I go.. ?

Although I'm still looking for the "off piste" experience, once the weather warms up a bit so that I don't freeze my nuts off I'd very much like to take you up on this offer. Thanks.:thumb2

There are plenty of off piste areas on Salisbury Plain mind, but they aren't legal.
However depending on your outlook on these things and ensuring you keep an eye out for the range wardens approaching, there isn't too much problem with using most of them.....

Back
Top Bottom