Recommend me a restuarant in Albert, Picardy

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm taking a group of 20 on a battlefield tour of the Somme region in May; I have managed to book us into the IBIS at Albert and need somewhere to take this lot to feed in the evenings.

Anybody got any experience of nosheries in Albert? I want to keep it to Albert as it will be walking distance from the hotel.

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt the Ibis near to the roundabout at the start of the Albert Bapaume road ? If so its a bit of walk back into town from there. Albert is much better than it used to be and there are quite a few eateries from gourmet stuff to a damn good kebab house. Be mindful that most places close pretty early on unless youve booked somewhere in advance, the kebab house is open late of course. :D Enjoy the tour :thumb
BTW Im up there myself in May from the 15th.

A few years ago the only places I could find in Albert that were open was the McDonalds and a back street pizza place. The McDonalds was great :D

I can recommend Le Poppy up the road at La Boiselle :thumb2

Why not contact the hotel and see what they can do for you, I have always found the Ibis restaurants to be reasonable, and they may do a deal for a group of 20

A few years ago the only places I could find in Albert that were open was the McDonalds and a back street pizza place. The McDonalds was great :D

I can recommend Le Poppy up the road at La Boiselle :thumb2

And a nice view of the town from McDonalds too :thumb2

Why not contact the hotel and see what they can do for you, I have always found the Ibis restaurants to be reasonable, and they may do a deal for a group of 20

Miz, they are doing a 3 course meal for us for €20per head which we will do on Friday night but I don't want to eat there Sat and Sun also. I thought it would be good to get into town and check out a few bars and then go eat.

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt the Ibis near to the roundabout at the start of the Albert Bapaume road ? If so its a bit of walk back into town from there. Albert is much better than it used to be and there are quite a few eateries from gourmet stuff to a damn good kebab house. Be mindful that most places close pretty early on unless youve booked somewhere in advance, the kebab house is open late of course. :D Enjoy the tour :thumb

That's the one, it's only just over a mile and we will probably use the local taxi service to get back.

That's why I'm researching now so I can get the group booked in well in advance.:thumb

That's why I'm researching now so I can get the group booked in well in advance.:thumb

There is a chinese on the left halfway to Albert and is walkable to/from the Ibis and a couple of good pubs are "The Corners", they do good pub grub and the "3 Pigeons" next to the Basilica. You wont starve :thumb

I was there back in May last year, struggled to find a resturant ended up in Macdonalds. Shame really but I was bloody starving so it did the job.

Albert

Damn I never found the GOLDEN ARCHES. Albert is a bit of damp squid as far as nightlife and eating houses.

Hotels are expensive as well.

Pity as the area is very interisting from a WW1 view, good museum under the church.

Paddy

Damn I never found the GOLDEN ARCHES. Albert is a bit of damp squid as far as nightlife and eating houses.

Hotels are expensive as well.

Pity as the area is very interisting from a WW1 view, good museum under the church.

Paddy

Golden arches as in Muckdonalds ?
Its on the main road out of Albert to La Boisselle, on the right
Dont suppose you missed much :D

What about the Hotel Basilique. It's a Logis de France in the town centre and they usually do pretty good food. The address is at http://www.hoteldelabasilique.fr

Mike

+ 1! The place used to be run by Mme Petit who had a mouth like a cat's bottom and seemed to disapprove of the English; I used to have a little competition with myself to see how long it would take to get her to smile. but is now run by her son and daughter-in-law. The food's always superb! :thumb

Booked

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I have managed to book the Hotel Basilique for Saturday and The Corner Pub for Sunday night.

Back
Top Bottom