DIY Zumo 660 Mount

skyenet

Reaction score
Wanted to mount my Zumo where I could see it easily on my 07 GS, so didn't find the included RAM mounting kit suited my needs (though will use it for Photographic/video stuff at some point).

In among a box of old bits and pieces I found a suitable strong, straight bracket about 5" long by 3/4" wide by with a 1/4" hole at each end. I attached this with a nut and bolt to the windscreen mounting bracket and at the other end I attached a small ball and socket camera mount. On the Zumo bracket I made a small bracket with a 1/4" Bolt on the centre of it. This enabled me to mount the Zumo Bracket to the ball and socket head. The final position lines up nicely with the instrument panel and perfectly in line with my view ahead. Before anybody asks I am afraid I don't know where you can get the ball and socket head. I have had a few of these lying around for years. In fact I have one mounted on my left hand handguard which I have used for taking videos. However from the side views it can be seen that a single piece of metal bent into an L shape could be used.

Have attached photos which probably make the above clearer.

Attachments

• Zumo 660-1.jpg
    Zumo 660-1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 537
  • Zumo 660-2.jpg
    Zumo 660-2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 501
  • Zumo 660-3.jpg
    Zumo 660-3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 513
  • Zumo 660-4.jpg
    Zumo 660-4.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 491
  • Zumo 660-5.jpg
    Zumo 660-5.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 490
Doesn't it flex / bounce a bit?

Good point, with the weather I havn't been able to get out and try it but it was based on my old setup which worked fine

DSC_0677.jpg

The snow and ice is just about away so hopefully will make it out for a run today and will try it out. Shame the roads are so manky. Used up the last of my ACF50 so will give the bike a top up coating of WD40 and FS365 first :augie

Made it out today and mount worked great. No problems with vibrations and in great position to see screen. Looks like there is room to move the mount forward a couple of inches so might do that if I replace the ball and socket head with a "L" shaped bracket, but for now it works fine :thumb2

would a lock through the other end of the mount be a good idea, otherwise a quick twist with spanners and the whole thing would come off.

Back
Top Bottom