New Zumo 220

ebbo

Reaction score
The new Zumo 220 (Nuvi 550 with Bluetooth added?) could be a winner for some if the price is right...

6a00d83451bb7069e20120a7f18d48970b-800wi

http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/2...size-and-price-of-motorcycle-navigation-.html

Wonder why they gave it an 8 hour battery? Can't see any way of picking off the audio apart from BT, shame

8hr battery, maybe in a previous (Nuvi 550) life it was expected to be handheld at times?

They’ll have to work on the price thou to sell it here…

If they do the usual, and just change the $ for a £ then it will never sell.

Looks OK if you dont need all the 550 or 660 add ons. £300 tops.

Link to Garmins webpage on the Zumo 220 here

Features include lane assist which I’d rather like, 10 routes with additional storage on microSD card, 500 waypoints.
Other things like - track log length and whether auto route recalc can be turned off, well we’ll have to wait and see.

rf-lg.jpg

sc-01-lg.jpg

sc-03-lg.jpg

Had an email from the Garmin PR girl (because I do a lot of work with them on the marine side of things) offering me a loan unit for a few weeks to evaluate it.

Anyone interested in me taking her up on the offer - I have only just gone Sat Nav, never believing in them really (because I couldn't justify affording one!) so I don't know the in and outs of the 550 yet. I haven't used it....it is the bluetooth bit to the telephone I really got it for, honest! I haven't got the means to hear it yet.......

Anyone tried one of those bluetooth helmets? Was thinking of the BMW flip front with bluetooth. Any other suggestions (that don't require wires...I hate loose wires) that are worth considering?

I think it is worth taking her up on the offer of evaluating the unit... I know I'd be keen to get as much info about it as I could as I'm interested in getting one for my bike. Only thing I wouldn't use would be the bluetooth as i don't have the ability to use that function on the bike.

I'd be interested in seeing mounting positions riders POV for the unit etc...

Eoghan

garmin 660

can anyone give me some pointers as to where is the most reliable place to buy and what sort of price should i be looking at

Eoghan - I would just stick it on the ball mo9unt for the handlebars....the Zumo works fine there. It is easy to switch the one unit between the two bikes and car then....just unplug from the accessory socket on the beak, unscrew the ball mount - and do it up on the other bike.

hiya,

I think i'd want the satnav mounted in the vacinity of the clocks.....

Just had a look on line and it seems that the Zumo 220 is a rebadged nuvi 550 with more bike specific software installed. the inthe box content also differs slightly. the nuvi 550 is £207ish at handtec so reckon the nuvi 220 could be about £300?

Eog

Back
Top Bottom