Do HP2 E crashbars fit the Megamoto

Jon Seddon

Reaction score
I want to fit driving lights (hella micro de's) to my Megamoto. Nobody has told me where I can get brackets so I thought maybe they could be mounted to crashbars.

Anybody got any ideas? I really like the idea of 3 points of light for better visibility.

Thanks

Jon

Problem is the crashbars look really naff on A megamoto:(
Why not just convert your headlight to 50w HID.
That alone is as bright as you would ever want a headlight to be.

Problem is the crashbars look really naff on A megamoto:(
Why not just convert your headlight to 50w HID.
That alone is as bright as you would ever want a headlight to be.

I just want to find a way of getting 3 points of light on the front for visibility, not overall brightness. Plus I've got a set of Hella micro DE's.

Any ideas?

Jon

Took (him) out on Sunday, he's now covered in cr*p even with the acf50 and spray down. Suspension quite stiff and bars a bit flighty on poor roads.

Ah, youve been giving it some right wrist lol. What did you think of it?

But seriously, you will be way more visible with just the 50w HID.

Ah, youve been giving it some right wrist lol. What did you think of it?

But seriously, you will be way more visible with just the 50w HID.

Like the bike, makes a droning sound a bit like rotary aeroplane engine. Only went to c75/80mph (not slogging it keeping around 4,000rpm).

Mirrors a bit blurry.

Did about 40 miles, firm seat but not too bad. Brakes good, a bit worried about grip on new tyres.

Over bumpy B roads I could imagine it could get a bit twitchy and I was driving on very slimey roads in rain around the Keswick area. I think you would have to be careful not to hang on too tight otherwise you could provoke slappers.

Will probably look at softening up the suspension, before going down the steering damper route. Quite tall so may drop the suspension as well.

May look at going the HID route - how easy are they to fit - is Les the man for that?

Jon

I have a set of HID for sale (coincidence, honest)
Same as mine, yours for £50.

They will give you a very small lampf warning but it isnt noticeable (no warning lights) and I have had mine since I got the bike. A small resister could cure that but I didnt bother its not important. The light of it is fantastic.

I found my suspension too hard at first, the front doesnt get much softer but the rear you can really dial in.

Mines done just under 10,000 miles and I have noticed in the recent miles the performance has increased loads.

Just in the middle of big suspension mods to mine, Racetech front end, and heavier spring in the rear. Also dropping both ends to minimum height, as I don't think it will ground out anywhere, and should be more chuckable and less 'tippy'. Renzaco seat is ready and waiting too once my bike is finally fixed!

I'm also adding a crash bar after a mad cyclist caused me $9,000 worth of damage riding into me at a stop light!

Saw you registered on our hp2.info site, look forward to seeing your posts there too.

Just in the middle of big suspension mods to mine, Racetech front end, and heavier spring in the rear. Also dropping both ends to minimum height, as I don't think it will ground out anywhere, and should be more chuckable and less 'tippy'. Renzaco seat is ready and waiting too once my bike is finally fixed!

I'm also adding a crash bar after a mad cyclist caused me $9,000 worth of damage riding into me at a stop light!

Saw you registered on our hp2.info site, look forward to seeing your posts there too.

who'se crashbars fit?

Jon

Back
Top Bottom