zumo

cherokee

Reaction score
Hi guys i want to fit the zumo to the 990adv,iv got the above dash tt mount and am about to get the tt locable mount,what id like to know is wheres the best place to wire it into?iv not had the headlight unit out but im led to believe there are some blanked off acc wires in there to hook up to? sorry for the numpty questions but your help would be appreciated.......:Motomartin

You're right, l did the same job a few months ago. There are 3 sets of accessory feeds (mine is a 950 but should be the same) behind the headlight. You will need to remove the headlamp/screen assembly and the cover panels either side.
I did have to change the connectors on the Garmin wires to suit the spade connectors on the loom but otherwise all went well.
Easy peasy

cool

thaks fella,what colours are they? my zumo has a inline fused power lead red live black earth are the acc leads on the bike same coloured or marked in anyway? sorry for the numpty questions just trying get as much info on it before i get over to the garage and strip it down. TIA....:Motomartin

ACC2

ok found info from them good ole boys on adv rider,ACC2 is the switched connection for hardwiring the zumo to,ACC1 is the permenent live,which can be used but there are some conflicting reports of battery drain,and also rapid wear on the zumo cradle mount electical pins with ACC1,so looks like ACC2 is my best option...............:Motomartin

Hi guys i want to fit the zumo to the 990adv,iv got the above dash tt mount and am about to get the tt locable mount,what id like to know is wheres the best place to wire it into?iv not had the headlight unit out but im led to believe there are some blanked off acc wires in there to hook up to? sorry for the numpty questions but your help would be appreciated.......:Motomartin
Hi i connected mine to the live of the horn just so easy .
Hope this helps . Lawrence

update

Ok guys well its fitted and working,wired it to acc 2 switched side of the ignition,so when its in the cradle when ignitions off,zumos off, perfect,and for those wondering when you stop and kill the ignition the zumo asks if you want to go to the unit battery,so you can still read the map by the roadside with the ignition off.............:Motomartin

Back
Top Bottom