Backrest for r1150gs??

Cracker

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a backrest that attaches to the topbox of r1150gs for pillion passenger? Apparently BMW don't do one. Just got my bike back after replacing final drive and oil and filter change. 503 euro later I'm back on the road. Got trade in value from joe duffy... They reckon I'd get about a grand! There goes my chances of trading in for the 1200! anyhow, any help bout backrest greatly appreciated!

Hiya,
If you find one will ya let us know?? We've looked, albeit very lazily, and not found anything.

The first while is fine but after a while it really starts to hurt.

Having said all that I rarely ride pillion anymore, perhaps herself will get her own bike??:augie

Cheers

Mide

Yeah, the have some notions in trade in values. I was looking to trade a CRV against a new bike and they offered me €1500.

Is it for a metal or plastic topbox? If metal, I got a back rest off ebay a few years ago. It's not bike specific and looks like it could be off a harley or something similar. Be a matter of drilling a couple of holes in the box. I'll sell if it you are interested - €20. Can take a photo later.

Does anyone know where I can get a backrest that attaches to the topbox of r1150gs for pillion passenger? Apparently BMW don't do one. Just got my bike back after replacing final drive and oil and filter change. 503 euro later I'm back on the road. Got trade in value from joe duffy... They reckon I'd get about a grand! There goes my chances of trading in for the 1200! anyhow, any help bout backrest greatly appreciated!

Hi, if you have a look at corbin seats they make a backrest.

Having said all that I rarely ride pillion anymore, perhaps herself will get her own bike??:augie

Cheers

Mide

Got her a vespa and resprayed it pink for her.. Dunno if it'll keep up though! All 49cc's of it!

Yeah, the have some notions in trade in values. I was looking to trade a CRV against a new bike and they offered me €1500.

Is it for a metal or plastic topbox? If metal, I got a back rest off ebay a few years ago. It's not bike specific and looks like it could be off a harley or something similar. Be a matter of drilling a couple of holes in the box. I'll sell if it you are interested - €20. Can take a photo later.

It's the plastic box. If yours'll fit I'd be interested. Photo would be good.

Givi do back rests for their boxes (Check the web sites), may be able to adjust to fit the BMW box with a bit of redesign:confused:

Thanks for that..saved me a trip.
K12S can wait

Attachments

• journey_5.jpg
    journey_5.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 88

Back
Top Bottom