GPS that will accept memory map from a pc

svwphoto

Reaction score
I have memory map ( The whole of the UK) loaded on to my pc.

What GPS will allow me to upload maps from memory map without having to go out and buy the whole of the uk again on SD cards. I also would quite like postcode searching or am I asking too much.
I have topo and just dont like it as it is not detailed enough alsthough 1:50k is fine.

Help?

I had the Road Angel Adventure 7000 ( or whatever it was called) that would take Memory Map but TBH it was a pile of shit that kept on locking up on it's self. I sent it back and got the 'We couldn't find anything wrong' run around. It was an unreliable bit of junk and I flogged it and bought a Zumo.

(Road Angle stuff seems to be crappy in my short experience of them, had an all singing and dancing speed alert thing that didn't feckin work either.)

You will soon be able to run Memory Map on yer iphone.....

NB: Due to file sizes, formats and licensing restrictions the maps themselves cannot be transferred to a GPS unit. For the ultimate in portable, detailed mapping we recommend a Pocket PC or WM Smartphone in combination with a Bluetooth or integrated GPS.

....at least according to Memory Map's website when I Googled: GPS that will accept memory map from a pc

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+G...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Answer straight beneath your question.... Results 1 - 10 of about 12,400,000 for GPS that will accept memory map from a pc. (0.11 seconds)

I think that the windows mobile/pocket pc version uses the same map sets, you just need a big memory card to put them on.

The PDA version is ok, but it depends if you're using the hacked MemoryMap as it has the older PDA software which has some issues. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom