Pyrennes - any mapsource/autoroute data for routes

Bradders

Hi All,

reading away sounds like I'm going to have a blast in the Pyrennes this Sep, time might be a problem but anyone have route data, cards for their 'best routes'? if so could I be cheeky and ask for copies.

Looking forward to the trip, any places that are a Must See!

Any and all advice taken, have travelled Europe before, Morway, Italty, France Germany

Bradders

Hi Bradders you might find some info HERE for what you want. There will be 3 of us up that area end of September / early October. I have our proposed routes on Mapsource if you want them. We are going from Bilbao to Gib then around the costas to Andorra then back up thru France to Cherbourg.

Attachments

• screenshot003.jpg
    screenshot003.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 268
Bradders

send me a mail to remind me. there are lots of things to see. Unless you want off road you can rely on the Michelin maps. The mapsource maps for Spain (if you have GPS) arent worth a shit. There are many roads that had asphalt when Franco was a lad that dont appear. Having said that I have some that probably are-

I am trying to compile some off road routes - If you are interested in theat "sort of thing" I´ll try to get a move on.

bob

Pyrenees French of Spanish side ???

Hi Bradders
We are going to the Pyrennees the first week in September, getting the Ferry down to Santander and travelling back over land .
The route is much the same as the one we followed two years ago when we biked down from Roscoff to Pau along the Pyrenees and back to Roscoff. The reason we are taking a similar route is one of our group travelled along the Spanish side last year (from Jaca to Sort) his advice is to travel the French side (following the Tour De France route backwards) because you have to come too far off the mountains on the Spanish side to find a route.
I would like to get Spanish Bob’s view on this ????

REGARDS
MIKE

Hello Bob,
I'm also interested in off-road routes in the pyrenees. I brought the michelin maps 573 and 574. If you can give me some tips please contact me by mail (andi-man@gmx.net).

Greetings from germany

Andi

Back
Top Bottom