Ireland to Stockholm Bike transport prices I got today

Buttso

Reaction score
hi all

just in case any of you were planning any trips to the Scandinavian part of the world, I was looking at prices to get the bike over there, and then fly with Ryanair or Aer Lingus and save myself some time.. and a lot of seasickness

cause the whole, ferry to UK, ride to Newcastle (or other places) get the ferry, 24 hours (I think) then arrive.. that can really dig into your holidays

and would you believe after all my ringing and emailing companies all over europe and the UK, I found an Irish based company (in Naas) who will take the bikes, on an open pallet to stockholm for €270 euro (ex vat) one way, I nearly dropped my chips :JB .... cause the UK-Scandinavia ferry was about 200 sterling... not including ferry to the UK , crossing the UK and food , petrol etc

that is the total price, there are no handling fees on the other side, I specifically asked that as I got stung rather badly shipping my bike to Vancouver before.

the bike will be waiting in a warehouse for collection on the other side

which means you can have a longer happier holiday on your bike, ride it one way home via the balkans or ship it back to Naas again.

as I said its an open pallet, nothing stacked above it, just disconnect your battery, drain the fuel and shrink wrap for safety. They did suggest insurance for transit just in case, they said they could provide it as well.

here are the details

HEAD OFFICE:
DSV Ireland
Building 1
Tougher Business Park
Ladytown
Naas
Co.Kildare
Ireland

Tel: +353 (0)45 444777
Fax: +353 (0)45 444799

the chap I was dealing with was called Chris, but there is another chap called Michael Russell who I was emailing today cause Chris is off on holliers

so hopefully this info will come in handy for somebody else as well

stocholm

aye was planning a trip there, and then home via Finland and Estonia, and back home via France..

but dont know if I will get to go (baby on the way) will know closer to the time...

but its a great way for Irish lads to get the bikes over to that part of the word...

another possibility

Was in Joe Duffy's last week and there is a brochure on the counter by the coffee machine for a tour company. Can't remember the name, but on the inside, they mentioned a similar service, open pallet shipping. It could well be the same outfit, but there might even be a bit of competition in the market. All the better for us.

I've used DSV a lot for importing stuff ranging from pallets to truckloads from Denmark. As far as I remember they pretty much have a monopoly on the whole Danish ports, logistics and transport so no one else could compete with their prices.
I guess it'll go to denmark by ship and then road freight from there so you may get an even better price if you just got it to Denmark and rode from there.

I'd be careful about the pricing for the return as most freight is one way into ireland from denmark so could be way more costly on the way home:nenau

Still.. That's a great price especially if you can find some way of expensing it to get around the VAT:thumb

So, you travel for local petrol prices on your own bike for 270. Nice. Must price flights. That could be fun.

Hi
Have a metal pallet for a super safe bike transport.
Youse can have it for nothing, ex Galway.
Don't believe a bike will fit on one Euro pallet, undismantled.
Another story of course is, if they wheel/handle the bike about.
JP Jones charged 215E for a CS in 07.
Germany - Galway for two pallet places.
bon voyage
Josey

Back
Top Bottom