Belfast lads on tour

zippod

Posted in the spain, picos part of the site, but thought i'd set the link here as we were all from Belfast,

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219318

BTW was at Belfast BMW yesterday, new 12GSA available for viewing and testrides, my mate Ken took one out and says it was awesome! A bit too big for a shortarse like me, pity!

Looks like a lovely spot and good craic Zippod. Better than freezing your arse off here at home. :D :thumb2

Just out of curiosity , what kinda money were they charging per day
per bike.
Did you have your own insurance , Medical/Bike ?.

I think the bikes were approx €100 per day, insurance was included, medical insurance was a personal responsibility, I had mine and I know at least some of the others had, we didnt pay separately for the bikes so I can't be exactly sure. I have hired bikes loads of times in Spain from different places, e.g. Moto Mercado etc, and it is always €80/100 minimum per day. This time all was in a package, 2 nights in Casa Don Carlos(GS Heaven) and 1 night in a 4star hotel near Marbella /Puerto Banus, 2 days BikeHire, Insurance, Fuel, breakfasts, airport collection and guiding service. I guess the 12GSAs were more expensive than the 800GSs but we all paid the same price, suggest you contact Motoadventours and or GSHeaven direct for pricing, as we did get a group discount. The gas cookers in Peurto Banus were offering group discounts as well :angel, we all declined being good religious chaps from Ireland

Tried Renting off Motoventure , but i thought he thought i was a
Venture capitalist !..... Eur100 a Day with my own cover ,
{ were very pro Euro zone in the South }
I asked about a cheaper rate and didnt get a responce .
The GAs cookers were dear , too , !.

only a matter of time

well it was only a matter of time before slaggin started on my original thread, or is that healthy male competition?:D
Anybody recognise the ex Irish Road racing champ in the pics in Spain:confused:
Steady now it was a few years ago.....................

Here are a few others I prepared earlier, can any body name the racer, team/bike and location? I took all of these myself in the last 4 years so know for sure where they are! I'll stand the first correct answer a pint!

Appreciate racing may not be everybodys cup of tea so apologies if its not your thing.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 135
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 137
Been lookin' at the first pic many times....not sure.........has all the style of James Courtney....................but think James packed it in years ago????????????

Jimmy C

Your answer James Courtney is very

Very Very close, the first picture is Ryan Rainey #52 TMR/Tillsons Yamaha R1 Superstock 2007 BSB at the exit of Druids at Brands Hatch, he was the protege of James Courtney and raced a James Courtney supplied R1 superbike in the NW200 later that year, running in 2nd place beforee the engine blew. Ryan now does some race commentary and works part time for TAS Suzuki/Relentless.

The other one is Nikki Coates #65 KRP Honda 125, BSB British Championship125cc championship 2007 at Lodge Corner, Oulton Park. Nikki went on to have several podiums that year and won the Mondello BSB round, 125cc race and the Sunflower 125cc race. In this photo he is wearing someone elses leathers, it was early in the year and his new KRP colours leathers were not ready. The giveaway was the number #65, used by Nikki and his brother Mark before him. Also used by J Rea in his Red Bull days. Nikki is the youngest son of Ernie Coates, Racing and Tyre supplier.

John McGuiness #4 is correct on the Stobart Honda, location is the Deers Leap on the UGP circuit at Dundrod, if I remember right this was taken on the Dundrod 150 2006.

Steve Buster Plater #22 on the AIM Yamaha R1 superbike at Druids Brands Hatch 2007 BSB, now TT and NW200 and BSB Championship winner at age 40+

and Johnathan Rea #4 on the HM Plant Honda superbike 2007, Rea broke the lap record at Brands that weekend, running faster than Bayliss had set a few months earlier on the WSB Ducati.

Sorry for boring the arse off folks, im sure somebody will find it interesting, iv'e now seen the light and discovered adventure motorcycling, BMWs and mature women, all much more exciting than racing....:D

Martin VRS had the first correct answer so I guess you get the pint, when and where suits you:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom