Mexico in December 2010 January 2011

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Mexico 2010 - 2011

I’m planning a little 3-week trip around Mexico for this coming winter.:Motomartin

This will be a test trip for some upcoming tours I’m planning to do so you will be test dummies for this. I’ll be shipping the bikes there and back and I will only be charging you the cost price for the shipping/customs etc etc and a nominal organization charge at the same rate as Bilco’s US tour 2010.

It’s an idea I’ve been working on for a while and it’s a fantastic place to visit in the winter. I will run it myself in any case but I thought it would be a great opportunity to try it with some friendly tossers who fancy something different in the winter. So, instead of your bike being tucked up in the garage on the optimate waiting for the good weather, you could be having a bimble round Mexico whilst everyone else freezes there butts off and fall out with each other in the pub:augie.

Here are the brief details:

Shipping the bikes in a container to and from Houston Texas. This will take around 4 weeks each way

We will run into Northern Mexico to the Copper Canyon, which is like the Grand Canyon but better. Across to the Baja and then run down the coast to Acapulco. From there, we’ll run across to South East Mexico to all the Mayan ruins and the rain forests. If we have time, we could nip into Guatemala or Belize.

We will then run back up the Caribbean coast back into Texas and check out the Alamo etc before back to Houston.

The weather will be very nice with the temps ranging from 20c in the North to 30c in the south but it will get a bit chilly at night in the north because of the altitude.

Hotels, food and fuel are fairly cheap in Mexico and we will be staying in basic accommodation and maybe some wild camping if people are up for it. If you pm or e-mail me, I can give you a fairly detailed run down of the whole trip, costs, what you would need to bring etc etc

Not 100% sure of dates yet but I have the following it mind.

Leave Houston on Monday 20th December 2010 and back to Houston on Friday 7th January 2011. This would give us Christmas Day and New years day on a hot beach somewhere sipping Margarita’s:ChrisKelly! This might be a good trip for the Christmas Humbugs….!! These dates mean you can fly in and out at the weekend and be back at work on Monday morning:thumb

Happy to do Depart Houston Monday 10th January and arrive back 28th January 2011.

To fill a container and make it cost effective for everyone, I would need a minimum of 8 and maximum of 10 bikes for this.

If anyone is interested in this and wants more details, pm me or e-mail me on chrisbiltcliffe@btinternet.com.

Back
Top Bottom