THUNK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The bike is acting funny. All of a sudden (well for a week now), when I hit the starter button (with the fast idle thingy engaged) the bike goes THUNK! and dosn't start. I hit it again and it's firing perfectly. I'm sure its a silly electrical dodah that's on it's way out but then I find bmr's do that to me. Somethings needs attention and €:pullface€ signs start disturbing my sleep:eek:

Any experience of this THUNK welcome! I don't expect it's the battery, as the bike's ridden for twenty miles every day at least and I like to keep the revs up:augie I'm going up to the nice people in joe duffy about something else next week and wouldn't mind a friendly heads up on that the THUNK is going on:beerjug:

Owen.

The bike is acting funny. All of a sudden (well for a week now), when I hit the starter button (with the fast idle thingy engaged) the bike goes THUNK! and dosn't start. I hit it again and it's firing perfectly. I'm sure its a silly electrical dodah that's on it's way out but then I find bmr's do that to me. Somethings needs attention and €:pullface€ signs start disturbing my sleep:eek:

Any experience of this THUNK welcome! I don't expect it's the battery, as the bike's ridden for twenty miles every day at least and I like to keep the revs up:augie I'm going up to the nice people in joe duffy about something else next week and wouldn't mind a friendly heads up on that the THUNK is going on:beerjug:

Owen.

Could be your alternator. If you have a GS911 or know someone with one that's probably the easiest way to diagnose the fault.

the quote is just random crap btw to distract you and make my bike better.

a 911. it's the final step really isn't it?:comfort

when I hit the starter button (with the fast idle thingy engaged) the bike goes THUNK! and dosn't start. I hit it again and it's firing perfectly. I'm sure its a silly electrical dodah that's on it's way out

It sounds like your starter could be the culprit Owen. A good clean up might well solve your problem. MikeP posted an excellent step-by-step thread here on how to do it. Certainly worth a try and an hour of your time. :thumb2

HTH

THUNK. It did it again.

Funny the alternator belt needs to be changed at service interval:augie:D:D

I had a think:aidan

ffs that's money:likeit

It sounds like your starter could be the culprit Owen. A good clean up might well solve your problem. MikeP posted an excellent step-by-step thread here on how to do it. Certainly worth a try and an hour of your time. :thumb2

HTH

bikes got a front fender hugger. designed to keep crud off the downpipes. Dosn't work any...

I'll spray it with wd40. it'll be grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom