Yet another trip to Morocco, BUT THE FIRST FOR US.

GSEddie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So far there are 3 of us for this African adventure :)
AND WE PLAN THIS TO BE FOR A SMALL NUMBER, MAYBE A MAX OF 5.

We will be leaving the UK VIA PORTSMOUTH -SANTANDER, on the 12th of May returning on the 31st May so arriving back in the UK on the 1st June.

The trip will be mostly road riding with a few off road excursions and of course some time to play in the sand.

The routes down are as follows:-

Land in Spain on the 13th. Dash across Spain to arrive at the ferry to TANGIER MIDDAY ON 14TH, AND SPEND OUR 1ST NIGHT IN Chechaouen.

Day 2 ride down to Fes via some A and B roads through one of the National Parks.

Day 3 ride down to Midelt again via some A and B roads.

Day 4 ride down to Erfoud ready to play in the sand and try some off road fun may stay a couple of days.

Then Head across to Quarzazarte for a few more days of off road and B road fun.

Then start the journey back to Spain over 3 or 4 days.

Drop me a PM if THIS TRIP INTERESTS YOU, AND YOU MAY CONSIDER JOINING US FOR THIS GENTLE MOROCCAN BIMBLE.

WE'D ALSO WELCOME COMMENTS FROM THOSE WITH EXPERIENCE OF MOROCCO ON THIS ROUTE, THINGS TO AVOID OR INCLUDE. BEAR IN MIND WE DO NOT KNOW MOROCCO AND HAVE LITTLE OFF-ROAD EXPERIENCE AND DO NOT PLAN TO ATTEMPT DIFFICULT OFF-ROAD ROUTES.
Eddie

Morocco Trip

Eddie, Thanks for posting this. I should declare myself as your partner in crime on the planning of this trip..

As we said last time we met it's only 12 weeks to getting on the boat, can't wait! Interesting to see if anyone fancies coming along too, or if someone has suggestions for us to include as part of the trip.

It has been good to read the previous ride reports and of course Jim Cullis's excellent guide to touring in Morocco. Cheers Jim

The Maroc Knowledge Base on this site will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know, it really is very informative :thumb2

Two tips from me;

Chill, don't rush - adjust to 'Maroc time' and go with the flow.

Staying in Quarzazarate, then you have to stay with Peter at Bikershome. Top guy (Dutch), top accommodation and he has a fully equipped workshop :thumb2

Andres

Sounds like a very exciting trip guys. Enjoy.:thumb
PS Are you camping?

Hi Peter
We might camp a couple of nights but it seems the hotels are very cheap :)

Are you off to Spain then this year

Eddie :beerjug:

Hi Peter
We might camp a couple of nights but it seems the hotels are very cheap :)

Are you off to Spain then this year

Eddie :beerjug:
Eddie, very interested in a lazy trip down the west of France and into the Pyrenees in July. However might do more than one trip. Had crossed my mind to pm you - not sure about my level of freedom in May though.

Back
Top Bottom