...and no, I'm not going deaf

Charlie

Got a Zumo 660 connected through an autocom active plus. Problem is can hardly hear the zumo even though volume settings are on 100%.
Barely audible at 40mph. A distant whisper at 45 and may as well forget it at 50.

Autocom seems fine in terms of rider to pilion and have checked connecting zumo through both A and B sockets on the autocom red/black box thingy - no difference between them. Volume on my previous 2610 was never a problem. Am I missing something here or is the sound on the zumo this poor?

I have a 660 through my Autocome Active Plus and it's fine.
Travelling at 'several' mph down the motorway with earplugs in and I can hear it just fine.

Check the vox setting. It could be that its on 'mute' the whole time even without a mike connected.

Try firing an ipod or something into the Autocom. Try and prove if its the 660 or the autocom that's causing you the problem.

Got a Zumo 660 connected through an autocom active plus. Problem is can hardly hear the zumo even though volume settings are on 100%.
Barely audible at 40mph. A distant whisper at 45 and may as well forget it at 50.

Autocom seems fine in terms of rider to pilion and have checked connecting zumo through both A and B sockets on the autocom red/black box thingy - no difference between them. Volume on my previous 2610 was never a problem. Am I missing something here or is the sound on the zumo this poor?

Like you, I went from a 2610 to a Zumo, & the volume is fine, so it would suggest something is amiss, but I did benefit from GS Ritch's help - I think I had used a wrong port in the "black box".
I know that doesn't help a great deal, except perhaps to assure you that a 660 through the Autocom can work properly.

Just had a fiddle. Decided to by-pass the little autocom box and go straight into the active plus. Immediate increase in volume!?!? Not sure what the box does but I'll try it out tomorrow and see (or rather hopefully hear) the result.

Just had a fiddle. Decided to by-pass the little autocom box and go straight into the active plus. Immediate increase in volume!?!? Not sure what the box does but I'll try it out tomorrow and see (or rather hopefully hear) the result.
Sounds like a 'ground loop isolator' which stops electrical issues due to multiple items (GPS/MP3/Phone/Intercom) connected to the same power source and the same audio feed. Unfortunatly these do cause some attenuation (loss of volume) - some more than others. If you get some whistling, you may need to refit and try plan B...

Back
Top Bottom