Inaugural Eysford Meet - 16 GS'ers In Attendance!!!

judge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent
Yes indeed guys & gals, 16 GS's and their pilots made it to our (what I hope) is the first of many meets. Good to see so many faces I hadn't met before, I manged to say hello to you all but my didn't we all leave a tad early? Me thinks I will have to get there for 7.30 next time.

When I left home I decided I'd be happy if four turned up so seeing 16 there made me a happy man indeed. I hope that helps those others who think its a bit of a stretch to an existing meet to have a go and organise something. Judging by where you guys all came from it seems that Eynsford fits the bill nicely.

The general consensus was to do it again although many thought that Wednesday and the unfortunate associations our prescence may have with the okikokilebbenundreds up at the Farningham Hotel on the A20, and the Oakdene Cafe posse, a different night might be best, though same week and venue for now.

Anyway great to see you all and as soon as I'm able to post to the list I'll announce the next date.

Agreed - it was a good turn out, same place, same week, different night ok with me

Good stuff.

V inpressed by the turnout too.

Thanks to Bruce, Guy and Geof for not making me feel like a billy no mates.

Tried the back road route to the M25 and found bike debris, belly pan and stuff, all over the road. Bloody dangerous.

Heaps of praise for organising it and looking forward to the next one.

Tim

:beerjug:

For information purposes only: Moving to Thursday of the same week would clash with local IAM group.

clash with local IAM group

and you wouldn't want to mix with that bunch of hooligans!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

clash with local IAM group.

Hands up any members of the local IAM group?
Do they meet in the Plough as well?
Good reason to move over to the Five Bells?

Good meet/natter - up for the next one.:beerjug:

Sorry to leave early but..............

Had to get home to collect eldest from work....BUT

Went up the A20 to get to M20 and went past "the pub of one million oiks wandering all over the road" with all sorts of traffic being dodged between.

Keeping closish to a small van and seeing an oik coming down the road on the white line on an RC40 trying to pull a wheelie and then dropping it and the bike bouncing off the front wheel of the van in front and pirouetting across the road into the kerb.

Close call - could have had me off. Good van for being in the line of fire.

Oik landed on his ear and rolled into the same gutter.

Mass of oiks tried to cross the road and nearly knocked me off darting behind the van while looking UP the hill to see what was coming down.

After that, 15 minutes to pick up the bits and the oiks to clear so that the traffic could move on.

Result. Late home, late picking son and heir up from work, near miss with the oiks bike.

Still new to the sport and riding at night. Awful lights. Ok on the motorway but when you lean over!!!!!!!!!!!! arrgh - you're going in a different direction to the one the lights are shining in!

Moral of the story.

Stay at The Plough longer and different route home.

Better lights needed - have to try and understand the threads about lights before electrical surgery commences.

Understand "auto-switch"

Looking forward to the next one.

The resident pillion pasenger disappointed that if she had accompanied me she would have been the only "her". Anyone else probably/possibly be going "tandem" next time?

DavidHolmes said:
For information purposes only: Moving to Thursday of the same week would clash with local IAM group.
David, after your less than gracious views on the KAMG I presume this is a vote for DEFINATELY moving to a Thursday? :D - thought they met somewhere up Wrotham way though? :confused:

****ing hell Judge - what yer trying der do?

I never said nothing derogatory 'bout KAMG !!!

Nothing. 'Cept the truth.

Anyway, great meet, been a long time since I raced 3 mopeds with the old ' if two of us straddle the highway and hold hands he'll never get by' mentality.

Had to ride home at 25mph, couldn't bear the responsibility of encouraging them to go any faster.

As to KAMG, I clearly stated that this info was for Information only.

Some Clarity then...

After your less than great experiences with them as an associate... there is that better??? :)

Also did you want to follow things up with my Senior Observer chum from LAM as I offered? Let me know fella and I'll arrange things.

Back
Top Bottom