BALL HOPPING

GerryC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I did a bit of ball hopping here last night. Ball hopping is what kids did years ago when you had a ball but no one to play with. Hopping the ball on the road was an invitation to play.
Verbal ball hopping is a mildly provocative opinion, hung out there to see what might happen. It is a prelude to a piss take and a bit of craic. It is not an attack on ones beliefs or character; it is slagging which is making good natured fun of some one or some thing. It is irreverent but is not designed to offend.

I like this site; it is primarily a bikers site but the discussion thankfully strays beyond bikes. The fact that most people on here don’t take themselves too seriously (or so I thought) is (was) a good thing.
The nature of ball hopping does not sit well with that modern (nothing to do with mods) craze for political correctness and its wish to dictate what is and is not acceptable.

It is not acceptable to me to deliberately offend another but that is best guaranteed by saying nothing. There is a balance where adults can exchange tongue in cheek remarks. Offense is not my thing – a bit of banter (possibly close to the bone – please) is.

I am back to my old avatar – the late Dermot Morgan being mistaken for Hitler “I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!”- a perfect example of playful ambivalence that might upset overly serious religious types.

All you high priests of PC and avatar fascists can own this site if you wish- I’ll reluctantly find another site where Samuel Johnson’s quote can be lived out “the Irish are a fair people; they never speak well of one another”.

Finally remember we will all go the way of Dermot Morgan; you’ll all be dead long enough – there will be all the time in the world then for getting all wound up in a bad sense. In the mean time can we continue to wind each other up in a good sense and look after each other at the same time?
How is that balance achieved or is the occasional casualty inevitable; especially late at night when not stone cold………….:beerjug:

I did a bit of ball hopping here last night. Ball hopping is what kids did years ago when you had a ball but no one to play with. Hopping the ball on the road was an invitation to play.
Verbal ball hopping is a mildly provocative opinion, hung out there to see what might happen. It is a prelude to a piss take and a bit of craic. It is not an attack on ones beliefs or character; it is slagging which is making good natured fun of some one or some thing. It is irreverent but is not designed to offend.

I like this site; it is primarily a bikers site but the discussion thankfully strays beyond bikes. The fact that most people on here don’t take themselves too seriously (or so I thought) is (was) a good thing.
The nature of ball hopping does not sit well with that modern (nothing to do with mods) craze for political correctness and its wish to dictate what is and is not acceptable.

It is not acceptable to me to deliberately offend another but that is best guaranteed by saying nothing. There is a balance where adults can exchange tongue in cheek remarks. Offense is not my thing – a bit of banter (possibly close to the bone – please) is.

I am back to my old avatar – the late Dermot Morgan being mistaken for Hitler “I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!”- a perfect example of playful ambivalence that might upset overly serious religious types.

All you high priests of PC and avatar fascists can own this site if you wish- I’ll reluctantly find another site where Samuel Johnson’s quote can be lived out “the Irish are a fair people; they never speak well of one another”.

Finally remember we will all go the way of Dermot Morgan; you’ll all be dead long enough – there will be all the time in the world then for getting all wound up in a bad sense. In the mean time can we continue to wind each other up in a good sense and look after each other at the same time?
How is that balance achieved or is the occasional casualty inevitable; especially late at night when not stone cold………….:beerjug:

hear hear and what he said :thumb2

I like ball hopping NSFW !!!!!!!!!

Ball hopping :thumb2 That'll do for me :D

Attachments

• Leela Spacehopper.gif
    Leela Spacehopper.gif
    106.9 KB · Views: 230

feck ther was me thinkin he was a Christian an my boozin Leprecaun deeply offended him :blast....fair play 2 ya :thumb2

that would be an excellent post if the author was not from KERRY

:hide

Feck off ye feckin rebel county shit stirrer - :drool - yis can't ball hop out of a dark corner although ye beat the cats today - up the Kingdom

Talking (of) Balls.

Balls to Picasso.
Balls to Gerry.

Balls in general;
While i am happy to play on my own, i am sensitive when it comes to playing with others. :eek

In the spirit of peace,
i suggest a rideout to ... say - a faraway chip shop.
but all participants must be balld. :rob

.... we could call it a Ballder Dash. :augie

Back
Top Bottom