Blog / Photo blog / archive service

tonkatoy

Reaction score
Hi,

As in my last post I'm off to S. America in April and I'm thinking about blogging and/or photo blogging the trip while I'm out there. I'm also thinking of uploading pics every so often (if I can get a decent internet connection) so that I make sure that at least some of them survive the trip.

Any recommends / comments on the best (and worst) -
blog sites
photo blog sites
photo archiving (eg flickr)

would be very helpful.

Cheers

Dave

... There's no problem with internet connections. Every town and village has 'locutorios' internet service centre with PCs and 'banda ancha' (broadband). Many hotels and hostels do the same (a hostal is a hotel without a restaurant in Lat-Am.) The Spanish keyboards use a slightly different punctuation set up, but you'll muddle through I'm sure.

... Obviously you can hook up with any blog/photo service you want. It makes no difference that you are in Lat-Am

... It might be worth getting an adaptor that will convert your camera card (SD, Micro-SD, or whatever) to USB. If you try and connect your camera direct to a service centre computer it may want to install proprietary software for the camera each time. You'll be faced with Spanish installation instructions and you won't be popular.

Cheers mate, I got the SD adapter for £1.24 from Amazon. Hassle avoided.

I've gone for the gmail, blogger, Picasa option as they all seem to hook up reasonably well.

travelpod.com for blogs
and
flickr.com for saving photos but you would have to pay the annual pro subscription for flickr to be able to upload all your images

Have a safe trip:thumb

Back
Top Bottom