french protest

It probably won't be long before some ars*hole jobsworth bureaucrat tries to introduce something similar here. If they do lets hope we can muster and organise several thousands like the french.

Superb, you gotta hand it to the French, when their dander is up they don't fanny around, they go straight to direct action and make it felt.:thumb

Vive la France!

I hope that if the same happened here we would organise ourselves so effectively.:beerjug:

same rules apply here... i got caught last year and had to pay 200 francs ( £125) fine.... i was reported by an off duty police woman who i filtered past :blast

Serves you right. It's such a terrible anti social criminal offence that obviously has detrimental affects on the quality of life of all you pass by. :D

Respect

Respect to the French bikers ... I dont think we have the same level of balls required to do similair here . We just seem to roll over and say "sure it will be grand". I filter in traffic.. Does any one know what the law here says on filtering ?

I was told during the training couse I had to do for insurance purposes that it is legal to filter between two lanes of traffic travelling in the same direction.

Brilliant

How many of you have checked out the NOtobikeparkingtax wednesday breakfast club campaign. http://www.notobikeparkingtax.com/gallery/ check out the videos of Trafalgar Square, it doesn't need to be thousands to make your presence felt. Fair play to all concerned, French and British.

Thanks for that

I was told during the training couse I had to do for insurance purposes that it is legal to filter between two lanes of traffic travelling in the same direction.

Thanks for that. Always wondered whats the difference between a overtake and filtering ...

i asked a traffic cop some time ago what was the deal on filtering in traffic,and his reply was.
"as long as you are sensible about it and don't cause a nuisance to oncoming traffic". Don't know if that ment that it was perfectly legal or they just turn a blind eye?.:nenau

:mmmm
:blast

filtering is often described as a 'sustained' overtake. :rob

it IS overtaking, so the same rules apply.
worth remembering if you end up 'discussing the matter with a Member of the Force' at the roadside. :augie
it's also wide open to interpretation, perspective and a degree of flexiblity - or not. :rolleyes:

there's a lot of b*llsh*t out there (and in here! :p ) about this topic - one of THE most discussed issues re; the law and Bikes.

i'm not telling anyone how to ride their Bike (well... unless they want me / pay me to that is :D )

it's your licence and your life.

~~
oh well :D

:mmmm
:blast

filtering is often described as a 'sustained' overtake. :rob

it IS overtaking, so the same rules apply.
worth remembering if you end up 'discussing the matter with a Member of the Force' at the roadside. :augie
it's also wide open to interpretation, perspective and a degree of flexiblity - or not. :rolleyes:

there's a lot of b*llsh*t out there (and in here! :p ) about this topic - one of THE most discussed issues re; the law and Bikes.

i'm not telling anyone how to ride their Bike (well... unless they want me / pay me to that is :D )

it's your licence and your life.

~~
oh well :D

Sustained overtake... Nice one , I like it ... Thanks for that .

Back
Top Bottom