TKC available in HP2 size

Mav

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Conti's have finally started making the TKC in 140/80. I got one this morning for my std rear. They look quite a bit different in profile compared to regular 150/70 GSA size:

819827587_fyuBc-XL.jpg

You can see how the rim is quite well protected compared to so a regular GS rim (the HP rim is one at the top of the pic)

819828084_C5Sdb-L.jpg

And yes, I know my rims are dirty ;)

Been buying them from Busters for a very long time now :augie

I still run them tubeless with no probs :nenau Takes a bit to get the bead to seat but once it is done no worries from there on :thumb2

we gona test that tire?

Not on the HP - I think it's got a dodgy starter so it's going in to Cotswold BMW tomorrow.

But I could be up for a play on the GSA... I reckon I can still get it around the quarry :D

Are you still leading that poor girl on and dont have the moral courage to tell her you prefer blokes? :ymca

Are you still leading that poor girl on and dont have the moral courage to tell her you prefer blokes? :ymca

Ok il come clean, i never thought id be publicy outed on a forum, my mother will be so ashamed, the kids will be ridiculled at school but i cant live the lie any more. Or are you talking about mav?

Just fitted a great new tyre find - the Mitas E10 which is newly developed for the big dualies. I have also been testing the Heideneau K60's and so far the Mitas compares very favourably and is probably closer to the TKC than the K60 which is a true 50/50 tyre. Mitas also have a E09 that looks excellent and a mate has ftted front and rear on a 800gs and just done 2000km all terrain and reckons will NEVER use anything else. Not sure if they are avialable your side of the pond but should be as ar made in CZ in the biggest European tyre factory.

Right finally got around to change the rear tyre on my bike this afternoon.

Currently fitted was a 150 TKC which has done just short of 7000 miles......6 miles to be exact as I got a puncture on my way home the other day :eek

My little appy of couse came to help as he realised this is not a one man job. It is a one man one 15 month old baby boy job :augie

833776595_6PDaG-L.jpg

So a 30 minute job turns into a hour job with the little one helping, giving advise and carrying my tools away :blast

833777193_psFxw-L.jpg

The old with the new 140, decided to go back to the standard size as I did not really feel any benefit in handling or anything else with the 150. Besides it is about £30 cheaper.

833775441_otEJZ-L.jpg

The middle blocks looks like they still have about a mm left but the two side blocks show that the wear limiter is long gone and the rear was starting to shift under me on straight tar roads when I opened the throttle a bit :eek:

Daddy got his money's worth out of this one :beerjug:

833774914_M3nqN-L.jpg

For reference this now replaced on 6 miles short of 31 000 miles on my HP2. Let's see how many miles this one do

Great pics :thumb

I'm guessing you mean 3100 miles tho :D

Great pics :thumb

I'm guessing you mean 3100 miles tho :D

I mean there is 31 000 miles on my HP2 now and fitted the new TKC which has done 7000 miles (yeah that's right :eek: ) so i can keep track of the miles my tyres has done. The reason I do this is I am not sure whether I replaced the last TKC on 23 000 miles or 24 000 miles :augie

My rear TKCs have lasted:

approx :D

God knows how you're getting 7000 out of them :eek:

Back
Top Bottom