REDTREAD OFF-ROADING SOUTHERN SPAIN

petemak

Hi There, Has anyone been down to Redtread off-roading Near Nerja in Southern spain? I have booked to go down there in October and would be interested to hear any comments.

Hi There, Has anyone been down to Redtread off-roading Near Nerja in Southern spain? I have booked to go down there in October and would be interested to hear any comments.

Do a search - there are a few that have gone, myself included.

The couple that run it are really nice and friendly and will do anything to help you. I didn't stay on site but heard it was good. The riding is really good and varied with some great views etc.

I was almost a complete novice when I went and struggled to keep up with the pack (who had all been before) and my fitness let me down in the afternoons, but apart from that I couldn't complain. If you have any of your own off-road gear and have the space to take it then I would recommend you do so.

Hi David, Thanks for the reply, is there a problem with the gear they supply?

Hi David, Thanks for the reply, is there a problem with the gear they supply?

Like any kit that is supplied by a company like this, it has been worn be lots of people and wont be in as good condition and fit as well as your own kit.

Which week are you going?

Greg

Hi Greg, we are going 11th October until 15th. What about you are you going too.:)

Click the link in my signature line!!

We'll be about 400 yeards from Redtread - unfortunately the previous week.

Greg

Click the link in my signature line!!

We'll be about 400 yeards from Redtread - unfortunately the previous week.

Greg
Hi Greg,Sounds great, we will be touring on the 1150 for a month, We are making Redtread somewhere to aim for, so wont be able to join you this time. Have fun!:thumb2

It's great! I went there with only 4 months riding experience and still had a great time. Endless trails, great weather, excellent balance between riding and tuition, Ian and Sal are great hosts. As for the kit - I have my own and I would still prob use theirs to save trying to pack the kit.

I really gotta find the time to go again!

It's great! I went there with only 4 months riding experience and still had a great time. Endless trails, great weather, excellent balance between riding and tuition, Ian and Sal are great hosts. As for the kit - I have my own and I would still prob use theirs to save trying to pack the kit.

I really gotta find the time to go again!

Thats good to hear, all comments are all very positive. Had an email from Sal today to tell us that they are putting new managment in place, but are still involved. They are off to set up new tours for Redtread Morrocco. so may be next we will give it a go.

Ian and Sally Burgess have handed over day-to-day running of Redtread to Sally's brother (IIRC). But not only is Ian a great rider, he's also a shrewd businessman - he wouldn't take his hands off the tiller if he had any doubts about the management team.

You'll really enjoy your week - we'll try to leave the trails intact for you!!

Greg

Ian and Sally Burgess have handed over day-to-day running of Redtread to Sally's brother (IIRC). But not only is Ian a great rider, he's also a shrewd businessman - he wouldn't take his hands off the tiller if he had any doubts about the management team.

You'll really enjoy your week - we'll try to leave the trails intact for you!!

Greg

5mins 31sec in the bar by me 5mins 11sec by them holding out a 2kg weight at arms lenth.

Its taken me 6 months for my arm to repair.

I have been over to red tread twice now,first on the drz 400s,and the honda crfxs,you will have a great time over there,expect to fall off,an you will be knackered after a days off roading,its a great set up,nice people, and checkout the local steak house.
The hondas are great bikes,im hopeing to go again this year if there not already fully booked.

Slightly shameless plug so don't know if I will get told of for this but I manage 2 holiday properties in Torrox Costa and in the hills behind. Might be suitable for anyone wishing to go on the Redtread tours.

Will give 15% discount off web prices to all members of UKGSer if anyones interested?

website is sitinthesun DOT co DOT uk

Slightly shameless plug so don't know if I will get told of for this but I manage 2 holiday properties in Torrox Costa and in the hills behind. Might be suitable for anyone wishing to go on the Redtread tours.

Will give 15% discount off web prices to all members of UKGSer if anyones interested?

website is sitinthesun DOT co DOT uk

We didn't stay at this villa when we went to Redtread, but did stay in a villa (a bit closer but very remote) to Redtread and it work really well. I went with my wife and another couple for a week and the two boys went riding for 2 days whilst the girls laid in the sun. Redtread offer a price per day for riding only rather than inclusive of the accomodation they have.

Highly recommended way to keep the wife happy and still have your bike fix:thumb

Just returned (went 2nd to 5th April) enjoyed it even though it was quite hard going. The kit and bikes they supply are very good but take a Camelbak or other hydration device as you can soon get dehydrated and then the concentration / fun goes out of the window (DAMHIK). By the time you realise you are dehydrated its too late!!
Not quite the level of instruction and attention to detail as the BMW offroad courses, more of a "do lots of miles and try not to fall off" but you do get to see a LOT of the spanish interior and the scenery is breathtaking - literally - at some of the altitudes you will be climbing; it can get exhausting.
On the whole very enjoyable, the accomodation is excellent although the pool is NOT heated. The staff were really nice and make your stay most enjoyable.

Redtread off roading

Thanks to you all for sharing your Redtread experiences with me. Cant wait to go now!:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom