Bike hire USA

Ali-bear

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey y'all

I'm going to California in July and will have some time to myself, so I am thinking about hiring a motorbike, preferably but not necessarily a Harley.

Is it easy enough to do?

Are there any bike rental operators in the San Francisco or Sacramento areas?

So easy even I managed it.

I used Eagle Rider with no problem. Book direct or do as I did and use HC Travel

Great service from both Eagle Rider and HC Travel.

320990287_JPGuN-L.jpg

Are there any bike rental operators in the San Francisco or Sacramento areas?

Dubbleju are in San Francisco. http://www.dubbelju.com/

I rented a GS from them in 2008. Helpful, efficient and as you'll expect, by no means cheap.

They'll even rent you a Harley if you really must but after you've cruised up and down Highway 1 and hung out at Alice's Restaurant then what.

Rent a GS - join Pashnit - http://www.pashnit.com/ and seek out some of the Bay Area's finest goat tracks like Tunitas Creek, China Grade and Stage Road. :D

Dubbleju are in San Francisco. http://www.dubbelju.com/They'll even rent you a Harley if you really must but after you've cruised up and down Highway 1 and hung out at Alice's Restaurant then what.
Good grief man, have you no soul? - he's in California, he's gonna want to rent a Harley FFS.

Easy enough to do, even with a European licence, don't know about SF, but in LA there were a dozen places you could rent from.

And when you're piles have recovered and your aching back mended, you'll be even more pleased to go back to the GS:D

- he's in California, he's gonna want to rent a Harley FFS.

It's a common mistake to make. Joining Pashnit and quite possibly BARF should put him out of that particular misery quickly enough.

The Bay Area has some absolutely brilliant goat tracks. It would be a real shame to be shackled to a slow, overweight iron horse and not to be able to exploit them.

HC Travel are excellent. They do a good travel insurance package especially for motorcycle holidays. Also they are bonded with ABTA so if anything goes wrong there's back up. I've booked two self guided trips with them ( Canada and New Zealand) and I'll be travelling with them again as soon as I gather up the money.

Regards,
Kieran.

Right after I posted I did a search and all the old threads seemed to say "too expensive".

But I will check out those dealers and operators, thanks for the links.

Maybe a GS or even a single-cylinder BMW would be preferable to a Hardly at least I know where the indicators are. :ymca

Whats a "goat track?"

Eaglerider or Dubbleju are your rental friends in the bay area.

HD's are Ok and you will have some fun on them despite what folk say. However, I'd get a GS or similar to enjoy the great roads in the area and there are some absolute crackers which are not necessarily obvious at first glance.

My cousin James lives just North of Novato and will gladly show you some of the best as he needs no feckin excuse to go for a good blast with a fellow limey:D

Let me know how long you will be there for and I'll happily let you know of some places to visit and some great routes given your time limitations:D

Back
Top Bottom