Sidestand

Andy_E

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Picked up a used G450X at the weekend but am having to replace the sidestand due to a crack that wasn't picked up by the supplying dealer. No problem with my local dealer (who's not the supplying dealer - they're too far away to make it practical to have work done there) replacing the part under warranty but they've not time (allegedly) to replace it in the workshop in the next 2 weeks so I'll be replacing it myself and bringing in the old stand when I collect the new one.

I'm still waiting for the RepROM to catch up with me from the supplying dealer, so could anyone kindly tell me:

1. What the recommended torque for the sidestand bolt is (if there's one given)?

2. If there is any clue as to how to fit/remove the bushing at the sidestand pivot point? The dealer wasn't too sure whether the replacement stand comes with a bushing fitted or not.

Thanks in advance!

the stand wont come with the bush/bearing

to remove it use a drift and it comes out pretty easy, especially as your bike sounds pretty new.

cover it in grease and push it in the new stand with a vice.

my stand bent 180 degrees forward last time out. i had to straighten it in a vice as new theyre almost £50! i need a new bolt though as its bent and making the stand in the wrong position.

Picked up a used G450X at the weekend but am having to replace the sidestand due to a crack that wasn't picked up by the supplying dealer. No problem with my local dealer (who's not the supplying dealer - they're too far away to make it practical to have work done there) replacing the part under warranty but they've not time (allegedly) to replace it in the workshop in the next 2 weeks so I'll be replacing it myself and bringing in the old stand when I collect the new one.

I'm still waiting for the RepROM to catch up with me from the supplying dealer, so could anyone kindly tell me:

1. What the recommended torque for the sidestand bolt is (if there's one given)?

2. If there is any clue as to how to fit/remove the bushing at the sidestand pivot point? The dealer wasn't too sure whether the replacement stand comes with a bushing fitted or not.

Thanks in advance!
Andy on my first stand the eye on the end went oval and traped the bush so hade one made from stainless so far its ok.

Thanks, got the bush replaced as well but will look at the stainless option as no doubt it will need replacing again.

Back
Top Bottom