SIMON & MONIKA IN TROUBLE!!!!

Val

SIMON & MONIKA IN TROUBLE!!!!

I JUST CAUGHT THE END OF SKY NEWS.
THEIR BIKES HAVE BEEN CONFISCATED. THE FRAME ON SIMONS BIKE BROKEN.
THEY ARE STUCK.

Val

Simon & Monika - Travelers Overseas

SKY NEWS every hour.
They were allowed into China, but bikes were confiscated in Mongolia.
They are fighting their way through red tape (they have visas).
I was told by Overseas correspondent at SKY News that bikes are now in Beijing (not sure yet if this is true). part of frame broken through dreadful roads, if you can call them that. Not sure either - but I believe bike has been repaired (it did look a sorry sight).

It is all a bit hazy at the moment, but anyone who has SKY can see it.

All I know is my phone has not stopped ringing - thank you so much all of you - with offers of help if club can.
We need to hear from Simon - no luck as yet.
Valxxx

UPDATE S&M - NO UPDATE!!!!!!!

Thank you for picture - doesn't look very nice does it - I have heard NOTHING, so presume they are ok.

I would just like to thank everybody in the club for their support yesterday morning.

In my next life (don't even fancy that at the moment):rolleyes: I AM NOT COMING BACK AS A MOTHER - THANK YOU VERY MUCH:eek: To much like hard work.:(

Luv to all
Valxxxxx

Val,
Sorry to hear about all the problems..... However if you have no luck using the usual channels, try an old mate of mine.
Phil Evans is the press office at Sky News, (0207 705 3000).
He may well be able to find out who took the film footage and have the right contact phone numbers for the people in China.

Best of luck,

Dave.

New GS engine fitted

Simon & Minika are now on there way again, albeit with a slightly modified GS.

Not sure how it wil cope off-road!

Click here to see

:confused: :beerjug: :confused:

SIMON & MONIKA

LITTLE BIT OF UPDATE.

They are on the road again, I believe heading for Japan from Vladivostok.

Monika is speaking so much Russian, she is forgetting English.
Reception fantastic everywhere they go.

I have never seen Simon look so happy - and 'free'. It seems that every bit of trouble they encounter - and there has been plentry, including being detained for three days by Russian Border guards, they overcome and press on.

My love to Simon and Georgie - now I remember you from BMF - happy and safe riding.

The only way I can describe them both is to say 'they really are as free as birds', and Monika with her languages has come in so useful with television crews everywhere they seem to go.

Valxxxxx

Back
Top Bottom